Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whiskey VS -- Straight, No Chaser...

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I fell in love with Winchester's "Whiskey" color as soon as I saw Art Fawcett wearing one of his own Whiskey creations this past spring at Monteagle. In fact, Art wore his Whiskey lid when we all went hiking together, and I just loved the look of the hat in that setting.

I gotta say, the color of this lid is gorgeous, and takes on different shades depending upon the light. The ribbon is a dark khaki green and looks beautiful against the felt. It is hard to capture the color of the ribbon in the photos, but if you use the black hat box as a reference, you can get a sense of the green. As with the felt, the color of the ribbon changes with the light. I love the straight-ahead bow treatment, which I think suits this lid nicely. The finish on this hat is wonderfully smooth, and, after creasing, the hat has a soft, sturdy feel -- perfect for some future hiking adventures. Of course, it may also be perfect for a return trip to the Dickel Tennessee Whiskey distillery, as well. :) Thanks, Art -- this one is a beauty!

This lid gave me some direction in the creasing, and wound up with an arrowhead crease. Perhaps fitting, in light of its Tennessee roots...;)

VSWOC.jpg

VSW-1.jpg

VSW-5.jpg

VSW-2.jpg

VSWLiner.jpg

VSW-4.jpg

VSW-6.jpg

VSW-3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
Love the ribbon treatment along with the color. And the arrowhead (or xmas tree!) crease is great.

B

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Great crease. I like the ribbon color, too, even if only vaguely accurate. This is an example of why I want Whiskey next. And fairly close to what I will be asking for. :eusa_clap

Jabos

A-List Customer
So, that hat is so nice you have to have a German Shepard guard it? Excellent!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot