Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White's Semi-dress Boots..

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Hey guys,

I have another quiz for you all. How do you feel about the Medallion Toe Cap. I know I'm going to put a cap on the Cordovans, but unsure if I should do Medallion to spice it up or stick with my tried and true regular toe cap.

The medallion might look nice, but I would love to see a pic prior. I didn't realize it was an option. Now, when you say Cordovan, are you referring to shell cordovan or a burgundy colored leather?

BTW - you inquired in an earlier post about some Alden Wingtip Cordovan shoes and their suitability with denim. I have a pair in #8 shell with commando soles. I have tried to wear them with denim before and always take them off. The high lustre just doesn't work with denim in my eyes.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
I was referring to actual shell cordovan. I actually just placed an order for the Alden #8 Chukka Boot. I pray they fit, as I hate doing the whole exchange situation. I just didn't want to pay almost $400 more for the White's, at least at this time.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Rough out / otter

DSC_6646.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I`m still not used to the combo yet, but I did want something dressy and different. The two leathers are quite different though - rough out is very thick, and the otter is extremely thin, will be interesting how they go along together. Comments!?

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Just took delivery of these beautiful Horsehide White's Semi Dress.

Here's the config and photos:

White's Horse Hide Semi Dress // Toe Cap Leather Color Does not apply, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Horse Hide, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Last Standard, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Horse Hide, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Leather Liner Red

whites_feb6_01.jpg

whites_feb6_02.jpg

whites_feb6_03.jpg

whites_feb6_04.jpg

whites_feb6_05.jpg

whites_feb6_06.jpg

whites_feb6_07.jpg

whites_feb6_08.jpg

whites_feb6_09.jpg

whites_feb6_10.jpg

Last edited:

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
Just took delivery of these beautiful Horsehide White's Semi Dress.

Here's the config and photos:

White's Horse Hide Semi Dress // Toe Cap Leather Color Does not apply, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Horse Hide, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Last Standard, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Horse Hide, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Leather Liner Red

whites_feb6_02.jpg

Beautiful. Did you order directly from Whites or Bakers? Is it possible to get those lined?

Will015

Familiar Face
Nice boots bl@ster.

I just bought a pair of Smoke Jumpers off the bay and am having a hell of a time with the high arch in them. Do you folks think I could get a cobbler to somehow remove the arch from the inside? I wanted to love me a pair of White's, but sadly, I don't know if that'll be possible.

I know you can order SDs with less of a heel and that may make the arch seem less prevalent. Does anyone know if it would be possible to order a set of White's without the arch-ease system? I understand it's a bit like asking a guitar builder to make a banjo, but they're just such damn high quality boots.

Any suggestions of another similar quality maker perhaps?

Thanks,
Willie Flatfoot

Will015

Familiar Face
bl@ster,
Is the arch that much less noticeable than the standard White's? Is there still a pronounced arch you can feel with your hand inside the boot or is it completely flat like inside a pair of leather dress shoes?

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
bl@ster,
Is the arch that much less noticeable than the standard White's? Is there still a pronounced arch you can feel with your hand inside the boot or is it completely flat like inside a pair of leather dress shoes?

It's not completely flat but it's much flatter, more in line with other boots from Alden, Red Wing, Wolverine, Chippewa, etc. I find the regular high heel on White's to be uncomfortable, hence ordering the 1/4" lowered heel. With the lowered heel they feel great to me. Give it a shot.

Last edited:

s_crumb

Familiar Face
It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the arch. I don't wear them a lot but I don't even notice the arch anymore when I DO put them on. For a few days I couldn't wear them for more than a couple of hours. At first I was cussing them.

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Got these Red Dog Semi Dress a couple weeks ago -- haven't had a chance to post the pics. Here's the config and photos:

Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots // Last #38 Swing Last, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Brown, Upper (Shaft) Leather Red Dog Smooth, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Cream, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Red Dog Smooth, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base Standard

whites_feb6_11.jpg

whites_feb6_12.jpg

whites_feb6_13.jpg

whites_feb6_14.jpg

whites_feb6_15.jpg

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Uni: I have a White's problem :( Don't tell my wife! :)

Probably gonna sell my first British Tan pair. Once you order your 2nd you get a sense of all the options, lasts, sizing, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran