Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes a G1 jacket with thick lining?

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I'd like to find a G1 jacket for winter but the standard lining is too thin. Who makes a G1 jacket with a warmer lining?

Schott does. It's a G-1 that has a zip out liner. I should say really, G-1 inspired. I had one and it was great. Sadly the weight loss made me sell it.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I wanted the same thing so I had a tatty old G-1 restored with alpaca lining by Aero Leathers.

008.jpg

Aerojoe

Practically Family
1) Change your name.

I think it can't be done in this forum :D

2) Next time, post all the things you don't like first! :eeek:
It will save us some time! :p

Well, I said a G-1 with thick lining! I think it is very specific :p

I was considering deluxestyling option; getting a vintage G-1 and re-lining. If I had the chance, I'd jump in a Foster Sportswear 7823. It is my favorite contract.

What's the beef with Aero? Is it leftover from AeroUSA?
If you contact a bartender here, they can help you change your name - if you wanted to.

What I meant was you don't like Schott, you are mad at Aero, and don't like black. That takes care of most of the replies :)
Just giving you some grief...

Aerojoe

Practically Family
What's the beef with Aero? Is it leftover from AeroUSA?
If you contact a bartender here, they can help you change your name - if you wanted to.

No, it is Aero Scotland. I want to think that we are working it out. If you are very interested, pm, as you indeed had something to do with this :D

What I meant was you don't like Schott, you are mad at Aero, and don't like black. That takes care of most of the replies :)
Just giving you some grief...

It is not I don't like Schott at all! I mean that I wanted a regular G1 but with a thicker lining, not "inspired" or civilian. You know regular G1s; seal brown, goat skin, smaller collar than m422. Aero doesn't make any G1, they do 422 and AN6552. The Submarine G-1 is tempting but not sure if I'm going to like it without trying first.

Have a jacket that you want duplicated?
Have a jacket that is unique and valuable that you want to keep in the closet and wear its replica?
Have a jacket that is worn and damaged and you want a brand new of the same, only they don't make it any more?

Talk to the experts. Bill Kelso can make a clone of your jacket. With all the details and nuances that you will specify.

Why not send us an email to sales@billkelsomfg.com and discuss?

Thanks,
A. Falzon obo Bill Kelso Mfg.

Peacoat

Bartender
I have a LL Bean G-1 in goat with shearling lining I got for cold weather on a motorcycle. It is warm and well made. I think they still make them.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The G-1 was not really designed as a cold weather jacket. You might check Gibson & Barnes website to see if there is anything that might work for you. I was also going to suggest the LL Bean jacket, but Peacoat beat me to the punch.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I have a LL Bean G-1 in goat with shearling lining I got for cold weather on a motorcycle. It is warm and well made. I think they still make them.

Are still on business these guys? I didn't find their website.

Don't freak out... Greece. They have a good rep on VLJ though. So I understand the concerns - I think they're good. But use other's experiences, which have been good thus far.

OMG
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif
Bearing in mind the luck I'm having lately with leather jacket purchases, I'm pretty sure the country blows up before I get my G1 and I lose my money :D I'm going to contact Mr. Kelso anyway :eek: Let's see what he can offer.

Sorry AJ, sad when things don't work. I know what you mean about overseas...with the world in shambles, it's a risk, but use Paypal and you're covered (with a CC).
Or, keep pluggin' away on ebay, sales, etc. Don't forget to watch the Classifieds and other forums...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR