Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why!!!! Hipsters!!! Why!!!!!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
this echo chamber is still going on?

No, hipster is not a blanket term for everything you don't like or don't get. Iced coffee drinks are not "hipster."

There are many people that don't have a great tolerance for really hot coffee. I usually put in enough milk so it is the tempurature that is right for me which means warm to some. Anyway it allows me to gulp it down with out scalding my mouth, tongue, throat and insides.

Cofffee is usually Go juice needed for impetus.

Cool, iced, same difference.Like I said, not everything you don't like or don't get is "hipster."
It's not the same. The place is proudly hipster. And as I also said, one of our favorite places. Cool coffee is not normal and in 40 years of drinking it, this is the first time it's been offered to me. I like iced coffee. I like iced lattés. This was luke warm GO juice. Un-hip.

There are many people that don't have a great tolerance for really hot coffee. I usually put in enough milk so it is the tempurature that is right for me which means warm to some. Anyway it allows me to gulp it down with out scalding my mouth, tongue, throat and insides.Cofffee is usually Go juice needed for impetus.
Grandma used to put an ice cube in hers. Not an issue as the coffee is still hot for everyone else. Now...I asked a question to those offended by it. I didn't go postal on hipsters. I askedif this is part of the culture. Can anyone answer that?

Aerojoe

Practically Family
There are many people that don't have a great tolerance for really hot coffee.

Yeah, maybe it is not a hipster thing after all. Here in the continental Europe we mostly make coffee with espresso machines, even at home. Coffee comes out at the temperature the espresso machine spills the liquid, very hot. There is no way you can ask your coffee hotter or colder. You can have an iced coffee though.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
The place is proudly hipster. And as I also said, one of our favorite places.

I knew it! You hipster!
eusa_snooty.gif

Yeah, maybe it is not a hipster thing after all. Here in the continental Europe we mostly make coffee with espresso machines, even at home. Coffee comes out at the temperature the espresso machine spills the liquid, very hot. There is no way you can ask your coffee hotter or colder. You can have an iced coffee though.
I have a La Pavoni lever machine. The espressos are hot and the milk is as hot or not as you make it. In UK, France and Scotland last winter, I got the hottest coffee ever. Dunno Joe, this is news to me.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Grandma used to put an ice cube in hers. Not an issue as the coffee is still hot for everyone else. Now...I asked a question to those offended by it. I didn't go postal on hipsters. I askedif this is part of the culture. Can anyone answer that?

I already answered it. No.

The place is "proudly hipster?" How exactly do you know that? See, the issue I have is that you constantly ask what is or is not hipster, but then you take it upon yourself to say what is or is not hipster. So if you're saying that it's "proudly hipster," what criteria are you using to make that determination? And if you know the criteria of what defines hipster, then why do you need to keep asking what is or is not hipster?

The whole way you've framed your posts in these hipster threads is disingenuous.

One of my favorite coffee places, which is frequented by hipsters, does not serve "cool" coffee. It's hot.

Once again, not everything you don't like or don't get is hipster.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I asked if this is part of the culture. Can anyone answer that?

No, it is not. Honestly it was probably just some lazy worker who didn't know (or possibly care) how to prepare your coffee correctly, and then was shooting off smoke to cover himself.

No, it is not. Honestly it was probably just some lazy worker who didn't know (or possibly care) how to prepare your coffee correctly, and then was shooting off smoke to cover himself.
Thanks. I asked the manager (woman) and she looked at me like I was nuts (we're all friends). That's why I wondered. The guy making them was good as far as aesthetics of the drink/foam. She said its definitely their way, just never heard of that. BTW, I usually just order coffee, hence news to me. My kids told me the joint is hipster. That's how I know. :)

Great classic espresso machine :cool:When I was in the UK, there were very few places with espresso machines. In France, Italy, Spain... there are big espresso machines in every local. The coffee with these big machines is great. :cool:
In Normandy, even the truck stops have fresh bread and big espresso machines. My kinda country! lol

Aerojoe

Practically Family
In Normandy, even the truck stops have fresh bread and big espresso machines. My kinda country! lol

And it is not only the big machines. Whenever you ask for a coffee, they mill the coffee with another machine right at the moment. This way you keep all the taste (and antioxidants) :eek:

However, the classic locals are even better. There is still one of these places near here. They roast coffee beans during all day long. Your coffee is made with beans that were roasted just a few minutes ago. You can follow the smell streets away. :cool:

And it is not only the big machines. Whenever you ask for a coffee, they mill the coffee with another machine right at the moment. This way you keep all the taste (and antioxidants) :eek:However, the classic locals are even better. There is still one of these places near here. They roast coffee beans during all day long. Your coffee is made with beans that were roasted just a few minutes ago. You can follow the smell streets away. :cool:
Yep. The young people there are very cool and enjoyable. They appreciated doings things the old way. Fresh beers in New Castle, York, and Durham. Fresh foods, coffees, etc in France. Kids working in the fun joints all easy going and friendly. A contrast to what I see here in the LA area. NY seems better - more like Europe as far as the kids working in the hangouts. Coffee is meant to be hot, not luke warm. If one likes it cooler or can't tolerate it, an ice cube will fix it. My wife just reminded me I have two La Pavonis. She must want to go shopping... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24