Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why!!!! Hipsters!!! Why!!!!!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Are here hipster joints?Yes. Is this one?Yes. Do I care?No. I asked a question. You want to argue and mope. Enjoy.

Argue and mope? What in the world makes you think I'm moping?

Is this not the sub forum for general discussion? I want to have a dialogue, not a debate. But any discussion or dialogue demands at least a modicum of intellectual honesty. And that's something that's been lacking from many of the posts discussing hipsters.

And for someone who doesn't care, you sure do a lot of talking about it.

Last edited:
I care. But I do find hipsters comical, sorry. You keep telling me "not everything you hate is hipster". Got it. Got it. Got it. I find mopey, rude, "I'm so cool" kids funny. Just wanted to make sure my hot coffee wasn't somehow offensive to the yoots.

MissMittens

One Too Many
There are many people that don't have a great tolerance for really hot coffee. I usually put in enough milk so it is the tempurature that is right for me which means warm to some. Anyway it allows me to gulp it down with out scalding my mouth, tongue, throat and insides.

Cofffee is usually Go juice needed for impetus.

Could not agree more :)

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sure those reading can appreciate (not necessarily a hipster thing, btw)...

5324072_700b.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Cool coffee and an iced coffee are night and at least early morning not same difference.

...in as far as it relates to the context of Butte's original post and my reply, the distinction is without difference. What was called to attention was a preference other than one's own. That is was cool, or that it was iced, is inconsequential. It was different, so it became "hipster."

...in as far as it relates to the context of Butte's original post and my reply, the distinction is without difference. What was called to attention was a preference other than one's own. That is was cool, or that it was iced, is inconsequential. It was different, so it became "hipster."
Look Fill in with info here, I'll say it again - I ASKED if it was. The joint is hipster. I've never been (intentionally) served cool coffee before. It was a query. You got all **** hurt over it. You claim it's not hipster, so I believed you.Move on already.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Look Fill in with info here, I'll say it again - I ASKED if it was. The joint is hipster. I've never been (intentionally) served cool coffee before. It was a query. You got all **** hurt over it. You claim it's not hipster, so I believed you.Move on already.

Good sir, my post was a direct reply to a direct reply about one of my posts. Undertow seemed to take issue with my post so I was merely giving context. I had moved on from the issue (evidenced by the fact that I allowed you to have the last word on it, or so I thought).

No need to be so aggravated over it.

As far as I'm concerned the 'issue' is dead.

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
By the way, a while back in this thread, someone said that a place was "proudly hipster." That is not a thing. Hipster is a derogatory term, often used by those who most people would call hipsters to describe other people who they think are fake/poser types. Just wanted to clear that up.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
By the way, a while back in this thread, someone said that a place was "proudly hipster." That is not a thing. Hipster is a derogatory term, often used by those who most people would call hipsters to describe other people who they think are fake/poser types. Just wanted to clear that up.

That is a contemporary statement. If someone who is over 70 referred to a hipster, the term would not be at all derogatory.

It's always interesting on a website that fetishises fedoras, moustaches and vintage clothing, to find anyone complaining about hipsters.

I hope people realise that all three of these things are derided by the vast majority of people as "things hipsters would do".

And now I find "they've" cornered the awful coffee shop coffee market!

bk

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
It's always interesting on a website that fetishises fedoras, moustaches and vintage clothing, to find anyone complaining about hipsters.

I hope people realise that all three of these things are derided by the vast majority of people as "things hipsters would do".

And now I find "they've" cornered the awful coffee shop coffee market!

bk

This makes me laugh too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24