Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's ties: Part IV

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here we go with some more vintage neckwear...As always, ties are in at least very good condition (unless otherwise noted), prices do not include shipping, and there is a money-back guarantee with all sales.

First batch:
Photoon2012-06-27at1144.jpg

Photoon2012-06-27at1148.jpg

On the left is an excellent (NOS?) tie originally sold by the Boston Store Men's Shop. It has a deep blue background, with a repeating red/light aqua motif; a tiny bit snub-nosed at the bottom as manufactured. ($5) Next is a...Hollyvogue! This has got to be the oldest Hollyvogue I have ever seen; they were using a sailboat as a logo then. Background is black, with dark copper interspersed about . Was sold at Korrick's, Phoenix, AZ, and has an early "Put Small End Thru Here" tab. ($6) Last is a silk Picadilly Cravat, first sold at Robert S Atkins, Inc., San Francisco. It has a dark green background, with lighter green motifs. ($5) All ties are about 48" long, 31/2" wide.

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Second batch:
Photoon2012-06-28at1106.jpg
Photoon2012-06-28at11092.jpg

(l to r) First is a nameless, "Hand Tailored" tie with a brown background and green/brown motif; feels like rayon, likely just post-WWII. ($5) Next is a beautiful dark blue Arrow Tie, with a silver/light blue motif; feels again like rayon, possibly early-'40s. ($6) Lastly is a very colorful green/brown, unmarked tie, with sort of silver "rainstreaks, and a light windowpane background; likely rayon, again possibly early-'40s. ($6) All ties are about 48" long, 31/2" wide. (Note: there are no reddish overtones on any of the ties; lighting problems are blamed for that.)

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here are some hand-painted, Bold Look ties that I'm finally parting with. They are all in good condition, and are $5 each.

Photoon2012-07-05at1745.jpg
Photoon2012-07-05at1746.jpg

(l to r) First is a Brent "Original Hand Paint" necktie. Feels like acetate, has some wear and two small holes just where the tie would go under the collar. About 52" long, and 41/2" wide. Next is a colorful silk tie from California (where else?), originally sold by Rud. Polacheck & Co., Milwaukee. It has a few small holes and a little neck-area wear which don't visibly detract from wearing it. Measures about 54" long, 41/2" wide. Last is very "busy" and uniqely designed tie, originally sold by Seby Thompson in Dallas. You can see that it has a little discoloration, which actually can be taken as part of the overall design; has a very small pin hole which would be the result of a tie pin. Feels like acetate, about 52" long, 41/2" wide.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Some more from the vault, all c.Bold Look era:

Photoon2012-07-14at1043.jpg
Photoon2012-07-14at1044.jpg

(l to r) First is an unmarked tie, feels like wool or wool blend that measures about 41/2" wide and 54" long. It features a very colorful leaf motif which incorporates paint and coralite (colored, finely ground sand). ($7) Next is another unmarked tie with a champagne background and silver/red geometric motifs. Feels like rayon, about 4" wide and 53" long. ($6) Last is a splendid Hollyvogue, originally sold at Waker's ("The Friendly Store") in Long Beach. Feels like rayon, background is maroon, with prominent silver/while feather design. About 4" wide, 54" long. ($6)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Last three, boys:

Photoon2012-07-16at1022.jpg
Photoon2012-07-16at1025.jpg

(l to r) An unmarked dark olive oldie with a unique reddish/olive "hourglass" motif. About 48" long, 3" wide. ($6) Next is a deep blue beauty made for griffin lovers. Criss-cross design enhances the style of this one. About 50" long, 3 1/4" wide. ($6) Last is an excellent-condition Barr tie, originally sold in St. Louis. It has a deep maroon background, with a maroon/white motif and lines. It is about 49" long and 3" wide. ($6)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails