Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Lennon spec boots

simonc

Practically Family
P1020087_zps98a13862.jpg

78's
Hobnail.
Leather lined throughout, just amazing.
Brass rivets (from WW1 boots).
Rubber tips
leather laces
Great price, great company great work.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Great looking boots - I have a pair myself and I love them. I didn't know that they offered a full leather lining - did you ask for this option, and how much did it cost?

Can you post some more pics - I am particularly curious to see the lining and the hobnails.

- Jim

simonc

Practically Family
Hi Davy, and Jim, sure here is a pic
P1020082.jpg

These boots are super tough. However for refinement I wholeheartedly suggest you line your boots; it gives them support and softness around the impact points, ankles, toe, tongue etc and, and, and it was £10 per boot?? The 78 are hobnailed as part of the building process where brass nails are fired into the triple soles.
P1020080.jpg

Can't wait to order my next pair.

simonc

Practically Family
Ha, nah they are triple soled. I'm limited to the house for the moment until I can get further than the kitchen.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Thanks for the info! I really like the look of the 107F zug grain field boot but for me the leather lining is a must(delicate feet) I'm pleased you mentioned it!, I intend to get down there in the next couple of weeks so they can measure me, I usually take a 10 1/2 and noticed that they don't do half sizes, do they fit true to size?

D

galopede

One of the Regulars
I love my Lennon boots I won on the bay a couple of months ago. Found a brand new pair of their Ammo boots on there and won them for £56. A bargain!

Mine are black and have a heavy Commando sole. The ebay seller had ordered them customised by being shortened to six lace holes but the suit me. Think they will last longer than I will!

They were comfortable from the box though they will need more breaking on for walking distances. Getting there. Mine are size 11 and seem to be true to size.

Saving up for a brown pair now. Those are the hobnail boots with the option of no hobnails I take it as I can't see any on the soles?

Gareth

simonc

Practically Family
Thanks for the info! I really like the look of the 107F zug grain field boot but for me the leather lining is a must(delicate feet) I'm pleased you mentioned it!, I intend to get down there in the next couple of weeks so they can measure me, I usually take a 10 1/2 and noticed that they don't do half sizes, do they fit true to size?
Yes leather lined is the way to go, you will still find them rock hard but in time they will soften, and yes, they are a touch larger than size, perhaps a 1/4 inch larger and they are wide so your feet can spread. I would ask Libs to use a large size 10 last (as they are all pretty independent) you might get lucky there, just ask first they are terribly helpful

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Thanks again! all info is good, I'm looking forward to getting down there(although I'm sure I will get the usual "how many pairs of boots does 1 man need").
I noticed those boots on ebay, only the second pair I've seen in the last couple of years, great buy!

D

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hi Davy, and Jim, sure here is a pic
P1020082.jpg

These boots are super tough. However for refinement I wholeheartedly suggest you line your boots; it gives them support and softness around the impact points, ankles, toe, tongue etc and, and, and it was £10 per boot?? The 78 are hobnailed as part of the building process where brass nails are fired into the triple soles.
P1020080.jpg

Can't wait to order my next pair.

That lining definitely adds a lot to the boots - I never even thought to ask about it. I will definitely be adding a lining next time I order a pair from them. Enjoy them!

simonc

Practically Family
Thanks Jimmer, yes everything is 1.5mm thicker all around. To me unlined boots just look half made, so it was an obvious question. And I am so glad that many of your are excited by the prospect.

simonc

Practically Family
Yes its like putting road tires on a bulldozer. I agree with Matt. Having just a couple of sole options would make them solid 9/10 boots.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I had the 'Vibram' commando soles put on my pair and they are great except for the fact that I get gravel from my path stuck in the tread often, however it just goes to show how decent the tread and grip really is.

simonc

Practically Family
I'm personally not into chunky rubber soles, way to macho for me, the boots are heavy enough and the thin rubber gives them a correct period look. Simply order them off the site but you consider what they can and cannot do and you ask and you explain to Libs, who is a lovely person, what you need, and you try to get what you need. Most people who make things are much more able than you'd think at adapting or enhancing a new feature.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner