Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wingtip Shoes

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
I am thinking of getting some black/white wingtips. Wondering if they would look good with a pin striped suit, and in addition would a pin striped fedora look ok with that or should it be solid black?

Thanks

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Allen Edmunds is discontinuing their spectators for $120. I ran into a Doctor on Newbury Street in Boston who advised me of same. I ended up buying a pair of walnut Wingtips also on sale. [huh]

Edward

Bartender
Pin-striping on the hat would, I think, be overkill, and reduce the overall look to one of costume. I'd stick with a good, plain black or grey fedora. I wear black and white co-respondents / spectators a lot. They are something that folks will associate with gangsters, though any colour combination in those shoes will get that. And of you're already wearing a suit and fedora.... :rolleyes:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
If you look up the Spectator thread, you'll find that spectators are designed to be strictly summer, or warm weather shoes, and should be worn with the same kind of outfit you'd wear white bucks with. In other words, light summer clothes, like seersucker or linen.
As far as the hat is concerned, it's a fabric hat, and nylon, to boot. My understanding of the word fedora means it should be a felt hat.
If you want a pinstriped suit, go for charcoal or gray.
A charcoal or gray pinstriped suit, with black wingtips, and a gray felt fedora can be a definitively classy (if conservative) combination.
The combination you're describing borders on being a caricature of a 30's gangster. But if that's what you want . . . .
Edit: However, if you have the opportunity to get a nice quality pair of wingtip spectators, grab 'em. You'll be amazed the positive feedback you'll get.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
dhermann1 said:
spectators are designed to be strictly summer, or warm weather shoes, .
shakeshead

4365444007_9f07d01301_o.jpg

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
Allen Edmunds is discontinuing their spectators for $120. I ran into a Doctor on Newbury Street in Boston who advised me of same. I ended up buying a pair of walnut Wingtips also on sale. [huh]

Is there a website or something for this?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner