Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman has street artist paint on her brand new thousand dollar leather jacket…

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the vid is not available, but sure at the end of the day it is just a jacket, you have your own skin that also sometime permanently inked with cartoon/ anime characters or then girlfriend's name or something equally stupid :D

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I certainly admire the artisan's skills and technique's employed to create the image, but blowing $1K on that jacket plus the cost of the 'painting' is pure foolishness.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Not a huge fan of that painting, but I could definitely see myself getting something more abstract (probably in white spray paint) on the back of one of my my black jackets

mvilla

A-List Customer
Well, I'm not a great fan of this type of art or of that particular jacket, but I could see the appeal of having an "art piece" on the back of a jacket... Having a Dominator with a piece of a Banksy when he wasn't that big would be something uniquely interesting haha

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Honestly pretty cool! Vaguely reminds me of the high fantasy/sci-fi artwork on the Schott-Heavy Metal 2000 collab jackets. I think I’d like that artwork more on a black or blue jacket but the biggest crime to me is the braided epaulettes lol.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like the artist followed an online Bob Ross painting class. "I think I see a small tree over there, and some nice mountain peaks next to the lake."

Even the trash "technique" that these "artists" use that's one step away from painting by numbers.

And that jacket cost her $1000 only if she bought it on Etsy, otherwise it's a $35 Good Will find.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Sold this beauty on eBay a while back.
IMG_3794.png

thekiyote

Familiar Face
This video is clearly staged for the video. She walked up to the guy with the jacket already taped up. I know that bugs a lot of people, but I’m like, whatever. It’s entertainment, nobody (should) think it’s completely real.

Did she pay $1,000 for that jacket? Probably not, it’s probably just something she put in the video to get clicks. If she did buy it in Europe, especially in a big city, though, she probably did pay way more than a US person would have paid. I have had friends ask me to bring stuff when visiting to get around local markups/taxes.

But as far as the art goes, I kinda like it. Painting on jackets is not a new thing (I’ve looked into getting reproductions on a jacket of art my grandfather did for his unit when he was in the Air Force during the Korean War) and I know it continues in street fashion to this day.

The spray painting style isn’t bad either though I don’t know how it will hold up, but even if it doesn’t perfectly, it’s still fun provided the jacket wasn’t that expensive.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
If she did buy it in Europe, especially in a big city, though, she probably did pay way more than a US person would have paid. I have had friends ask me to bring stuff when visiting to get around local markups/taxes.
Braided epaulets are a German thing, not American. So the style is local but looking at that jacket I'd say it's probably made in Pakistan. It'll cost you a couple of hundred, tops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy