Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wrangler blue bell repro 11MW

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
So after having sold all my Lee 101 hair on hide jeans as I found them too tight around the waist and crotch and therefore to uncomfortable I wanted to experiment a bit and try the wrangler blue bell repros. The 11MW was suppose to be be a lot more comfy than the 11MWZ model and in numerous places it was described as a baggy jeans. Well it aint so. The wrangler repros are beautifully made and look great but for me these jeans are very uncomfortable to wear. They are marked a size down so a marked 31 will fit a 32 waist.They have a high waist but man oh man, they are very tight around the waist and crotch, very uncomfortable to sit down in( but with my 11MJL jacket they DO look great) and no they arent a size too small.... So this means all cowboy models be it Lee or Wrangler are tight jeans and for me at least I will stick with LVC 1929, 1933 and 55 models( I even found the 37 Levis on the tight side) please let´s have your opinions.....

Any opinion of the Lee BOTR, daddy-o? I kinda like the look of 'em, but there is really no way I can justify to the dewy-eyed bride the expenditure of $200 on a pair of jeans.
But we have an outlet store about 30 miles from here and I've seen 'em there before, although in sizes that just won't work for me. I visit the place every now and then so I'll keep an eye open for them. It's a good place to shop anyway, seeing how you can score 100 percent cotton Lees and Wranglers there for as little as 10 bucks a pair.

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
tonyb said:
Any opinion of the Lee BOTR, daddy-o? I kinda like the look of 'em, but there is really no way I can justify to the dewy-eyed bride the expenditure of $200 on a pair of jeans.
But we have an outlet store about 30 miles from here and I've seen 'em there before, although in sizes that just won't work for me. I visit the place every now and then so I'll keep an eye open for them. It's a good place to shop anyway, seeing how you can score 100 percent cotton Lees and Wranglers there for as little as 10 bucks a pair.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Lee BOTR model. I have a pair of the 101B and had the 101Z and they are a good fitting jeans.Not too tight but not too baggy, very comfy to wear and they look great. The Hair On Hide is fairly loose around the leg but as I wrote before too tiight around waist and crotch.

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Lee Boss of the Road

Sorry, now I know what you are talking about, you mean the Boss Of the Road model. I saw these only on pics, dont know if they are repros or new variations of the old Lee´s. They look a bit strange to me, seem to have a very low waist at least on some pics. Maybe one of the denim experts could write a few words about them, I would be interested to hear an expert´s opinion.

Doug C

Practically Family
I can't comment on the Wrangler's much except to say I've always liked the riveted pockets.. but if you're like me and love a loose fitting jean, than none are better than LVCs 1920s 201, man I love the pair I have so much that I've considered selling my other LVC jeans ('33,'37,etc.) and replacing them with nothing but 201s Levis. Definately gotta get more.

Doug C

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Doug C said:
I can't comment on the Wrangler's much except to say I've always liked the riveted pockets.. but if you're like me and love a loose fitting jean, than none are better than LVCs 1920s 201, man I love the pair I have so much that I've considered selling my other LVC jeans ('33,'37,etc.) and replacing them with nothing but 201s Levis. Definately gotta get more.

Doug C
Cant agree more, I think the 1929 201xx are the best fitting jeans and yes, I like my denim´s loose. The 1933 version is pretty good too and i am probably gonna end up with only those two models. Luckily LVC are doing the 1929 model in dry rigid again and that´s definately good news.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Doug C said:

Doug C

Me too- they're the best.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner