Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Looking for a VERY specific kind of homburg

DriftinMattMonroe

New in Town
Hi everyone.
I have been looking for this specific kind of homburg hat for an awfully long time.
It was popular amoung country musicians in the mid-40s to early-50s.

The info I gathered was most of them were made by Ju's Hatters in Nashville (which no longer exists).
They were 6" tall, the brim was 2.5+" wide, and narrow hat band.

I am not looking for a genuine one (although that'd be VERY apreciated), but something that matches these specifics very closely.
Here's a couple photos of what I'm looking for.

mini-CAM00729.jpg mini-CAM00730.jpg

Thanks a lot!

An interesting search. I would steer in the direction of a western hat rather than a homburg. A hat with 1950s dimensions with a raw brim edge formed into a pencil curl would do the trick.

The hat below is much earlier, with a taller crown and wider brim than you are looking for - but the dimensions are petit for its era (1920s) and the styling similar. I would think a custom hat shop like Buckaroo or Optimo could create this look for you or convert an existing 1950s hat to fit your requirements.

good luck!

041914.jpg

DriftinMattMonroe

New in Town
Howdy Alan, and thanks for your reply.
I already have quite a lot of 1950s western hats, but none of them has the right requirements really...
I will certainly try with the custom shops you suggested.
Cheers,
Matt.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
I already have quite a lot of 1950s western hats, but none of them has the right requirements really...
Cheers,
Matt.

I wouldn't think Art Fawcett would have any trouble replicating that either.

Cheers,
Matt.

I think a 1950s western might have a low enough crown to recreate this look. The brim width at 3"+ might wind up requiring a trim to get to this length even with a pencil roll applied. Doomstein's suggestion of Art Fawcett is also a good one. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner