Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Army Officers Dress Shoes

Doug C

Practically Family
Wait a minute! Pennsylvania isn't in the ozarks - is it? :D
Anyway, the wwiiImp. ones are probably as close as you're gonna get to made in the USA with regard to repro boots.
Doug C

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Doug C said:
Wait a minute! Pennsylvania isn't in the ozarks - is it? :D
Anyway, the wwiiImp. ones are probably as close as you're gonna get to made in the USA with regard to repro boots.
Doug C

But how do the WWIIImpressions Repro differ from the boots currently made by Corcoran? Why not just by the Corcorans?

Mike K.

One Too Many
I have two pairs of the russet Type I service shoe/boot from WWII Impressions. Both are stamped Made in U.S.A. on the inside and I recall the tag saying something as well (possibly a reference to Pennsylvania). However, there is no mention of Corcoran or Cove Shoe Company anywhere in the fine print. That being said, I would care less where these boots are made - they are that good. The leather is thick and good quality, the stitching heavy duty, the soles sturdy, and the finish great. They take a few weeks to break in and are definitely worth the purchase. Compared to the real deal, military issue combat boots these repro boots are just as well made (compared to the modern Corcoran Field Boot, even better). They'll hold up under combat conditions if that's what you need 'em for. I've certainly put mine through some harsh wear & tear.
Bottom line - highly recommend.

Les Gillis

One of the Regulars
I have a pair and I agree 100% with Mike K.

Mine say Made in the USA exclusivly for WW2 Impressions. They do take a while to break in. They are made from thick leather and the stitching is heavy duty. Top notch product as far as I am concerend; better than other repros I've seen. They cost a little more and it's money well spent.

There's no doubt that my next pair of boots will be from WW2 Impressions.

Les

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
Over here we have found that the quality often suffers when the manufacturing is moved to a thrid world country. Manufacturing and production in places like China requires constant overseeing to mantain quality control. While many places are improving the bitter taste of buying bad stuff in the past tends to keep us very wary.

Again, we here this mantra.
"China" has some of the best quality manufacturing in the World, soon they will be THE best.

The "USA vendor", who sells the "3rd World manufactured" stuff gets exactly what he ordered from the "3rd World manufacturer". The "USA customer" gets exactly what the "USA vendor" wants them to get.
"USA vendor" has seen the product.

As I have mentioned before, (sorry)I bought a pair of boots from WW2Imp about 10 years ago and I'm still disappointed with them. Surely they have improved by now, or some folk just don't know what good shoe leather looks like.

Almost everything is made in China- you don't have any choice- they're paying your bills anyway.
Be happy :p

B
T

As someone with over 25 years in replacement auto parts I can tell you flat out You Are Incorrect. The number of times that we have received goods that were not up to the specs was very high after the initial order. The first order is usually to spec as the repeat business comes in the likelyhood of failure to meet specs goes up UNLESS you have your own QC people at the factory watching and testing all of the time. That is a fact that I have seen repeated with brake rotors, brake drums, water pumps, body parts, electrical parts and so on. Now they are getting better but they still make bad stuff in spite of ISO9001 certifications and such.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Hope you do not mind me asking, but why is it so important where the boots are made - isn't it more important if they are historical correct.
And the right size of course.;)

Another issue of importance is...exchange rate. Sometimes it can work for you; sometimes it can work against you. With US buyer/US production (or any other inland commerce, no matter where you are) the respective value of two currencies (which might well be quite different between the time something is ordered and the time it is payed for) is not a consideration.

No need to look under the rug for Jingos you know, Spitfire, old chap! :rolleyes:

"Skeet"

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Very nice boots and I've read the comments here and elsewhere on The Lounge regarding US service shoes. Any opinions out there concerning comparisons with the ATF version? At 40$ under the WW2im. model, I find the ATF boot having a richer colour and [to me] a nicer sole configuration. That being said, looks are just one factor and during consideration, perhaps shouldn't dominate decisions when purchasing a fair sturdy utility boot. @@@@ The WW2im. boots do seem to have a sturdier sole and have the rep. of being associated with Corcoran. Unfortunately, photography, with it's lighting and limitations, especially on the web, doesn't always translate accurate colour. The leather on the ATF site just seems to me to look ruddier, earthier, etc. I like the look. Overall, a grand pair of captoe brown boots are something a pair of bluejeans needs. Anyone own the ATF model? Opinions? Perhaps a photo if possible?

Doug C

Practically Family
I've owned the ATF boots, and while they're a very nice pair of russett cap-toes at a great price...the leather was softer than I'd imagine an original pair of combat boots would have been. Still it was nice leather, and not that that soft leather is a bad thing, but worth mentioning for those who are after complete authenticity. I did really love the color of the ATF boots. One of my boots had a squeek and the nails in the sole could have been installed with a little more care - but that probably wouldn't have been a concern for those in the field of combat. Anyone who gets them should do themselves a favor and spend the extra $1 (literally) and get an original pair of russet color boot laces (nylon from WWII), they are soo much better than the fat cotton ones that they come with.
Doug C

Mike K.

One Too Many
I was once debating between the WWII Impressions boots and the ATF boots. Want to know why I chose the WWII Impressions boots?
Look at the size choices!!

ATF (and also WPG) - only E width, only whole sizes
WWII Impr. - just about every size & width made

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
John in Covina said:
China...The first order is usually to spec as the repeat business comes in the likelyhood of failure to meet specs goes up UNLESS you have your own QC people at the factory watching and testing all of the time.
Same story in building products. And I've heard similar stories from just about every other product sector.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Re: reliability and consistency of Chinese production.

I suspect contract managers will tell you that quality control is a problem to be managed from every supplier, including Chinese ones.

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
WWII IMPRESSIONS Boots

Hey Guys,
These are 110% USA Made.
They are made by the CORCORAN Company. Corcoran made the boots for Paratroopers during WW2. Actually, Corcoran had purchased up enough leather back in 1950's that the supply lasted them through a couple of years ago. So, if you were lucky to get a pair a few years back, they were made with leather bought in the 50's.

I have a pair of Corcoran's, and a couple of pairs of WWII Impressions boots.

I have spoken to Juan, and I would be 1 years salary, these are 100% USA Made.
The fit bigger too, cause we as Americans are so used to the Chinese shoes, and those sizes run smaller, I wear a size 11 in. But Cor & WWII IMP I wear a 10.

Trust in these boots!
I LOVE Mine and I would not consider buying ANY other repro out there.

Thanks

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Corcoran leather...

Im not surprised to hear about the leather supply.
I looked at a pair of corcoran jump boots in a shop last weekend. I was very unimpressed as the boots had many scuffs thru the finish. The leather quality was far below the boots I purchased several years ago...

BTW, the ATF service shoes & jump boots fit a half size large & are built on a wide last.
so a size 10 fits as a 10.5 W
Which was perfect for me, but I find the soles to be a bit rubbery & as mentioned before the leather isnt great.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
OK, the website definitively states:
Our boots come from the Corcoran factory and are hand made here in the USA (Yes Corcoran still exists and still makes boots for the military!). We are the only retailer offering our vast selection of WWII reproduction footwear using the copyrighted genuine WWII spec Army Munson last.

For the GI service shoes & the USMC cordovan service shoes, obviously theres a different style involved, but Im wondering: whats the difference between WWII Impression's jump boots & brown jump boots available from Corcoran???

BTW, has anyone tried their cordovan service shoe? Looks great.
30180toe.JPG

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
MrBern said:
BTW, has anyone tried their cordovan service shoe? Looks great.

Yes, I have them now, they are nice--I'm thinking of getting an extra pair. Just be careful not lace them up too tight until they are well broken in. One of mine came slightly un-stitched on the two layers the eyelets are attached through. They were not soft enough yet and the leather had to flex in a way that was not good for the stitches.

cco23i

A-List Customer
O.K, here is my 2 cents. If the boots are correct I really don't care where they are made. I have a pair from ATF and am quite happy. I had an issue about ww2 impressions and will not order from them so they lost a large order from us as we were going to order 12 to 15 of their 38 pattern coveralls and A-3 caps when they started producing them. That's my opinion and reason.

Scott

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
To each his own sir. Sorry to hear you had trouble with WWII Impressions. They were quite cordial with me and turned my order around quickly. Nice product too!

cco23i

A-List Customer
Well after waiting almost 2 years and not getting the price I was quoted, I wasn't about to buy from them again. I guess me having my own business for a while gave be different business ethics.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner