Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

Salv

One Too Many
I just bought a pair of khakis from (whisper it...) The Gap in a classic style. They are not on the US Gap website, and for some reason Gap don't appear to have a web presence in the UK, but they are flat-front, button fly, straight-leg loose fit khakis in a reasonably heavy cotton. The front pocket openings are slanted rather than straight on the seam, and they are cut just below the waist but apart from that they look quite authentic. I bought them a size bigger than I needed so that I can pull them up to the right height - with the right waist size they were a bit too snug on the buttocks when I pulled them up. They cost ?Ǭ£35.00, and I'll keep an eye on the Gap sale and buy some more if they lower the price.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I tried on both at the store, the pleated ones are fine if you like pleated khakis. I used to only get pleated khakis but I think the flat fronts are somewhat superior because pleated khakis never really hold a good crease whereas the flat fronts can lose it and still look good.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I'm assuming Matt is describing the newly revived and tinkered with K-1s, because the old crop from the late 90's were certainly high-waisted.

Baggers

Practically Family
Well, a low waist certainly isn't an issue with Bill's Khakis M1 model with the button fly. My pair hits me very high, well above the navel.

Cheers!

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Martin is dead right. Originals are so plentiful, available, and cheap that they should always be considered as a first option. I found two pairs at a flea market this weekend for $10 each, great condition.
Also, if anybody is considering purchasing pants from Dockers K-1, WWII Impressions, At The Front, What Price Glory, or Bill's Khakis, keep in mind that Buzz Rickson's can be had from websites like www.mil-mil.net for not all that much more money (they seem to be one of the few Japanese online shops that are actually willing to do international business). Buzz makes several varitey of mil spec and civilian khakis that are notably nicer in materials and cut than anything else I've handled or worn. So convincing you'd swear they had a time machine.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Don't forget...

*M*A*S*H* Japan-

http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/moc-item/moc-item_l2/moc-7khaki-trousers.html

07-al.jpg

Very good from all accounts and even have the correct, early metal buttons.

And they deal with the West too-

B
T

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Mash Co has been out of stock of them for at least a year, their boots as well. They produce things in small batches every few years and when they're gone you are SOL. Everything they produce is equal in quality to McCoy's and Buzz.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The one thing that Bill's and dockers keep missing is the flat felled seam that runs up the inside and outside of the legs, and up the rear.

I have seen this on all the original Army khakis, though Bill and Dockers neglect this detail.

br40025-02ws.jpg

WWII Impressions I think has the flat felled, and they are next on the list for purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff