Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
MrBern said:
Hey Deckard,
I was in th Bloomingdales RL shop & noticed a small pile of their high end WWII khakis. But with a difference. These werent marked RRL, but they had a tag indicating they were from th Madison Ave shop for the princely sum of $145.
As always, interesting to see their take on vintage items. These are full cut & have military stampings & spec markings in the waistband. Oh, did I forget to mention that they were all frayed & covered in splatterings of blue & white pant? Yes perfect recreations of the type of surplus pant that won the war, then renovated the kitchen....
pPOLO2-2744951_standard_dt.jpg

I was amused to see these $145 distressed khakis now on sale at Filenes for $25. And I still couldnt bring myself to buy them. between the holes & the paint splatters, I couldnt think of a good way to wear them...

Doug C

Practically Family
Looked for the Khakis at WPG's website, are they the ones sold with the "khaki cotton summer uniforms" seen here, 3/4 down the page ? and also called "suntans" ? Those are only $45 - anyone here have them? I may be interested in getting some.

Doug C

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
BR Khakis

MudInYerEye said:
I have a pair of the Buzz Rickson khakis from Milwaukee as well. They are very easy people to order from. Don't use their order form, email them directly. As they use a translation program to read your email, make sure it is as simple and grammatically correct as possible. Just tell 'em what you want in what size and where you live, then they'll let you know if it's in stock and send you an invoice. They accept payment throigh PayPal. They're very quick to respond to your qustions and ship VERY quickly. The guy you'll probably be dealing with is called Mario Kenjo.
Regarding the goods themselves, smashing stuff. The trousers sit about two inches above the navel and the legs are grand canyon wide through the cuffs. The unwashed beige khaki is almost as heavy as the Filson tin cloth. These will take serious abuse.
Long live Buzz.

Yeah long live Buzz and Toyo Enterprises. Just about to order BR 1942 Khakis and found this thread. Any chance of posting a pic of your BR Khakis ( actually wearing them) ? I sold my Bill´s Khakis coz I got the M2P version ( way too much taper and really narrrow at the bottom) and now only wear the Dockers´s K-1´s as well as the Abercrombie Baggy Chinos ( now these are really baggy, no taper at all and look great unfortunately too much of a vintage finish).Another thing, do the BR Khakis shrink and how much in the waist ? If I order a 31 inch waist will it be actually a 31 waist or bigger ? Yeah getting the perfect pair of work pants is really hard work, maybe Buzz will save the day.

Speedster

Practically Family
daddy-o said:
Yeah long live Buzz and Toyo Enterprises. Just about to order BR 1942 Khakis and found this thread. Any chance of posting a pic of your BR Khakis ( actually wearing them) ? I sold my Bill´s Khakis coz I got the M2P version ( way too much taper and really narrrow at the bottom) and now only wear the Dockers´s K-1´s as well as the Abercrombie Baggy Chinos ( now these are really baggy, no taper at all and look great unfortunately too much of a vintage finish).Another thing, do the BR Khakis shrink and how much in the waist ? If I order a 31 inch waist will it be actually a 31 waist or bigger ? Yeah getting the perfect pair of work pants is really hard work, maybe Buzz will save the day.

Do you have the product number of the Abercrombie Baggy Chinos and where can you get them (by mailorder)?

GOK

One Too Many
MrBern said:
I was amused to see these $145 distressed khakis now on sale at Filenes for $25. And I still couldnt bring myself to buy them. between the holes & the paint splatters, I couldnt think of a good way to wear them...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
AF Baggy chino

Speedster said:
Do you have the product number of the Abercrombie Baggy Chinos and where can you get them (by mailorder)?
I will have a look later if they have a product number. If you type into ebay "abecrombie baggy chinos" there are usually a few about for about 40 bucks. Only problem is that they have a vintage finish which is a bit too vintage for my taste. They are not really high waist but still ok. They are really wide and there is no taper at all and with the right shirt, jacket and cap or hat they give you a real cool 30´s worker type of look. I have two pairs, one is really thick and the other very light weight for summer. They are very comfortable to wear. Be careful though and always ask seller to measure waist. AF are usually two sizes bigger than the label ( i.e. a 30 inch is in reality a 32 inch waist)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Doug C said:
Looked for the Khakis at WPG's website, are they the ones sold with the "khaki cotton summer uniforms" seen here, 3/4 down the page ? and also called "suntans" ? Those are only $45 - anyone here have them? I may be interested in getting some.

Doug C
I had a pair of WPGs. I ordered 36s expecting a vanity fit and couldn't get inside 'em. The 38s fit well. Cut was nice and full thru the thigh and leg and high in the waist (and I'm pretty long-waisted). The only complaints I had were that the cloth was light in weight - not much body compared to the original Army stuff - and they wrinkled very easily as a result.

Doug C

Practically Family
Hey regarding the Abercrombie baggy chinos, I think they are a little under-rated to tell you the truth. I know any of the modern stuff from A&F have a well earned stigma because they (now) cater to the highschool crowd. But their khakis are nice IMHO. They are nice and thick and always wide legged. The ones I have are zippered but I'm pretty sure they offer buttoned fly. Also, the ones I have are actually kind of high waisted atleast by today's standards - I think it's mostly the A&F patrons and adds that wear 'em low on the waist. If they are considered "too vintage", it has to be the worn-out area at the back of the hemm at the bottom of the legs, it's usually over done in that area but I've been thinking of buying Long then having them re-hemmed to a nice new look. You can usually catch 'em on sale for like $30 in store.

Doug C

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
http://www.wwiiimpressions.com sell Army and USMC varieties I think.

BT.

I own a pair of the USMC Boondockers from WWII Imp and I love them!!

They're durable and if you put a "gellin" insole in them they can be worn comfortably all day. I wear them fishing and all and with a little up-keep, they still look new after a year or so.

You should be happy with a purchase of them.

Speedster

Practically Family
daddy-o said:
I will have a look later if they have a product number. If you type into ebay "abecrombie baggy chinos" there are usually a few about for about 40 bucks. Only problem is that they have a vintage finish which is a bit too vintage for my taste. They are not really high waist but still ok. They are really wide and there is no taper at all and with the right shirt, jacket and cap or hat they give you a real cool 30´s worker type of look. I have two pairs, one is really thick and the other very light weight for summer. They are very comfortable to wear. Be careful though and always ask seller to measure waist. AF are usually two sizes bigger than the label ( i.e. a 30 inch is in reality a 32 inch waist)

Thanks daddy-o

Speedster

Practically Family
Doug C said:
Hey regarding the Abercrombie baggy chinos, I think they are a little under-rated to tell you the truth. I know any of the modern stuff from A&F have a well earned stigma because they (now) cater to the highschool crowd. But their khakis are nice IMHO. They are nice and thick and always wide legged. The ones I have are zippered but I'm pretty sure they offer buttoned fly. Also, the ones I have are actually kind of high waisted atleast by today's standards - I think it's mostly the A&F patrons and adds that wear 'em low on the waist. If they are considered "too vintage", it has to be the worn-out area at the back of the hemm at the bottom of the legs, it's usually over done in that area but I've been thinking of buying Long then having them re-hemmed to a nice new look. You can usually catch 'em on sale for like $30 in store.

Doug C

Thanks.

Doug C

Practically Family
daddy-o wrote :
Just about to order BR 1942 Khakis and found this thread.

Hey daddy-o Please post pics of those 1942 BR khakis if you get some, they are on my short list ;)

Doug C

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Buzz rickson khakis

Doug C said:
daddy-o wrote :

Hey daddy-o Please post pics of those 1942 BR khakis if you get some, they are on my short list ;)

Doug C
Well they arrived today and guess what....they are too small. Though they are labeled a 31 waist they measure just under 30 inches. They should also shrink after washing a bit so they are no good to me. What a darn shame, I was really looking forward to them. I emailed Mario to see if he would exchange and refund postage back, I wonder how this one will go because according to the website a 31 inch waist should measure nearly 32 inches.
Anyone ever exchanged anything at Milwaukee ? The BR´s look fantastic, awesome pair of Khakis, my Dockers K-1 look almost second class pants.
when and if I get a proper 31 waist I will post pics.

Doug C

Practically Family
Man, I hate to hear that and hope you get it straightened out easily. Do you have a Milwauki link ? Or is this the guy that sells BR on ebay? Also, which model are you getting?

Doug C

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Doug C said:
Man, I hate to hear that and hope you get it straightened out easily. Do you have a Milwauki link ? Or is this the guy that sells BR on ebay? Also, which model are you getting?

Doug C
Yeah I am really peeved off, they just look the works, will look real good with a nice 40´s chambray shirt ( the BR version is next on my list). The milwaukee link is www.mil-mil.net. Send them an email thru the Overseas Orders link, Mario is usually very quick. As it was said here before, they use an on-line translator so use real simple english. very very quick delivery. he send the pants last thursday and today it arrived here in the Czech Republic. Yeah, I really wonder how he will deal with my request to exchange them. The japanese are really into customer service so it should be ok. I have the baggier 1942 version, no taper to the leg, fairly high waist and the fabric is just killer-diller.....

Doug C

Practically Family
Thanks for the Info.. and please let us know how this progresses. I've been thinking the BR chinos would be my next purchase and will need to figure out the sizing before I order. Good luck!

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy