Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Well so much for japanese customer service. Mario from Milwaukee wrote to me that they have a different way of measuring waist and that they are a 31 waist. Most of the email I cant actually understand but he clearly says that an exchange will not be possible. And that is after three orders in a row from them. Truth of the matter is that they are a not even a 30 inch waist and I am really upset. What´s the big deal to xchange a pair of pants.....
That´s the end of my BR love affair for now.....

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
You can say that again........ how did your BR Khakis come up in size ? Were they smaller than labeled size ? I actually dig the pants so much that I asked at least for free postage for a bigger pair, doubt though that Mario will actually agree on that. Man, really thought that the japanese had the customer care thing cracked....

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
It could be that the Japanese customer care ethic falls somewhat short where Westerners are concerned. There may be a feeling that the non-Japanese market is simply irrelevant, especially for goods that are only being reproduced at all because of Japanese fashion trends.

Doug C

Practically Family
You've ordered three times in a row from them and they won't swap out a pair of over-priced pants for another size? That's the opposite of customer service. What are they thinking I mean maybe those pants are labled wrong, for all they know.

Doug C

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Yeah incredible aint it ?? I think Fletch´s comment may be dead on. Friend of mine who spend a week in Japan said he was amazed about customer service there but it may be for the japanese only. Still not much I can do now. If they dont give me free postage I will not bother with them in the future.
There was a great line in Mario´s reply " Isn't there acquaintance whom 30 inches suit?" as in do I have a friend who is a 30 inch waist who would buy these of me....... sure you send me the wrong size and I give them away to a skinnier friend, what a laugh ! And we are not talking about cheap pants either.

Doug C

Practically Family
I know it's not ideal, but does he agree to switch 'em if you pay postage..how much is it? And BTW, what's that MASH link?

Doug C

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
No he just wrote that exchange is not possible, I am awaiting his response for free postage and no 5 % commission he usually charges on overseas orders on a new pair of Khakis.

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
So I am getting a new pair postage and commision free from Milwaukee. He is adamant that they are the right size. I have posted the original BR´s in the classified section in case anyone is interested. If they weren´t that darn good I would not bother with them but for an everyday work pant they take some beating.

Doug C

Practically Family
Quick question about the Bill's khakis, I noticed from their website that their is a seperate section called "Authentic" and apparently these are all button fly (which is great) but is there a difference between those and the regular 8oz cotton M1 ? Also, those "Authentic" ones look like they only come in one color, is that right ? 'cause I sort of wanted to get an Olive Drab color, I think they had a green one in the other section. Anyone know what the differences are?

Doug C

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

Thanks to my friend MrBern, these trousers came into my hands last fall. I have two pairs of Bill's Khakis, and I like them, but these are much better in fit and construction.

These are Korean-era manufacture, but the design changes little from WWII. I wear them with a shirt, tie and sportcoat, or with my A2. They are perfectly high waisted. The bottom edge of the waistband is just above my belly button.

The front.

DSC00040.jpg

The back. They needed a better pressing for the photos. I can feel Mojave Jack's disapproving glare. :)

DSC00042.jpg

Button fly. These are very well made.

DSC00043.jpg

Size stamp, inside waistband. They are a bit big on me now but I'm not letting anybody near them who has scissors handy!

DSC00046.jpg

Details. Stamped on pocket lining.

DSC00047.jpg

Fit. Snug around the belly, flaired at the hips.

DSC00067.jpg

Length.

DSC00071.jpg

Thanks again, MrBern. Any info you can add, please feel free!

Doug C

Practically Family
Thanks for posting those pics Scotrace, it's good to see them worn. I never considered the Korean era khakis cause I thought they were all zip fly, well I guess not, I'll keep an eye out for some now. Thx.

Doug C

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Nice trousers, Scot! I've always felt that WWII khakis just can't be properly replicated, despite their simple construction and inexpensive material.

I wore mine yesterday instead of jeans, and I was actually more comfortable than when wearing jeans. Cotton twill seems to drape and move far better than denim.

b-24.jpg

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Re:khaki's

I know this may or may not be feasible for some but the thrift stores and vintage shops are the best bet.
This isn't the late 80's or early 90's and your are not going to fill the car with trash bags of vintage WW2 khaki's but...
There are a lot of people scouring the vintage shops all probably looking for something different.
I found a pair WW2 issue with the zinc buttons MINT in a 38x36 for a friend in Chicago for $20 and the seller knew what they were.
It helps if you are under a 34 waist, I pretty much can find them anytime.
The korean war era ones are the most common.

The nice thing about wearing originals is there is no debate over which is most correct or better made or where they are made , they just...... ARE.

Jerome

Doug C

Practically Family
The vintage shops in my area don't have 'em. You'd think there would be an on-line army/navy surplus that would have them but I haven't been able to locate any.

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy