Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Reenactment Pics

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cco23i said:
Just check around at a local display and get in with them there. It's a load of fun!

Scott

Ok now this might be a stupid question but I honestly don't know. How would I find a display?

KilroyCD

One Too Many
StraightEight said:
Not a reenactor, or even an actor, but here are some pics I shot on Dog Green at 0600 on 6/6/09.

StraightEight, I recognize your jeep! Did you ship "Rum Buggy" back over to the states, or did you sell it over there?

Story

I'll Lock Up
Grant Fan said:
Ok now this might be a stupid question but I honestly don't know. How would I find a display?

In VA? Looks like you just missed this one -

Bristow - Oct 3-4 - World War II Weekend at Brentsville - Join World War II living historians to learn about daily life for American soldiers in Europe and Japan. Men portraying American and German soldiers will bring historical equipment and armaments. Also learn about how local residents did their part to support the war effort. Call 703-365-7895 for more inform

You can always contact these folks, they're concentrated in NoVA.
http://www.shadows8thinfww2.org/

cco23i

A-List Customer
Here's my favorite, Captain Bill chewing my butt for wearing my British BD as my dress uniform jacket while stateside! Oh, and me yelling back!!

buttchewedagain.jpg

Scott

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
StraightEight, I recognize your jeep! Did you ship "Rum Buggy" back over to the states, or did you sell it over there?

Sold it in the UK to a guy from Arnhem, Holland who wanted it for the Market Garden anniversary. Had to. The dollar crashed and the jeep was suddenly worth about $3000 more than what I paid for it. Had I shipped it home, it would have cost $2000 and been worth the same amount in dollars as what I paid for it in pounds sterling. The head won this battle with the heart.

Davep

One of the Regulars
Yeah those CHG events are the best on the west coast. Over 250 men and women. Plenty of armor, no other event has armor like the the CHG Camp Robert's battles.

Here is a few of our pictures from the CHG West Coast Regional, November

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads