Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII vet still going strong

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Related topic:
I've had the honor of meeting both Willam "Wild Bill" Guarnere and Edward "Babe" Heffron, members of the infamous 101st Airborne 506th PIF Easy Company. These fellows are from the company that the HBO series "Band of Brothers" stems from. Both still vibrant, and heros as far as I'm concerned!!!
Picture_0091.jpg

Rufus

Practically Family
Very inspiring story of yet another modest man.

It never fails to amaze me. We owe so much...

Thanks for posting that article.

(And great snap of the 101st Vets. There's a lovely interview with them in the BOB Boxset, what lovely men.)

Rufus

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Back in my crazy skydiving days we had some Veterans doing static line jumps for an anniversary jump in Holland. That was back in the 80s which would have made them in their 50s ! Some wore their vintage Jumpsuits which was a real treat for me back then.

ranchnman

Familiar Face
I have a 101st ABD 502nd reg. pathfinder trooper here in my county. he jumped on D Day in Lillians stick, which was the first to drop troopers that night. And he was wounded and teken POW on Market Gerden on the first day (that night). Found one-eyed and dying in a ditch by a group of german medics actually!

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Hmmmm, altho my Dad never served overseas he did join up and served in the RCAF. He's still alive and full of spit and vinigar at 84 years old.. He even finally got to learn to fly when he was in his mid 70's.. Ok just little planes but still quite and acheivment! Somewhere there is a photo of him in his uniform, taken when he visited his aunt in California.. Should see if i can find that!!! He then went on to finish school and with the help of the air force, sort of like an early version of the GI Bill, went to university to become a Civil Engineer..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24