Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow-Bellied-sap-sucker (Beavertex) Beaver shirt & sportswear Co. Thriftstore Score

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
making Delicious Maple Syrup. Its honestly real good stuff, timing is crucial though Like an ebay auction at the last minute, you miss it by a few seconds and all you get is Basically brown sugar.

That stuff is like napalm though if you scald yourself whooboy!!! Taptime.jpg

I got this AWESOME Yellow vintage hunting shirt today same place I got the flannel one I was talking about, Of course there is a lot of karma in the local thrift stores. I dont see a yellow Jacket from the 40s, I see a passing of a loved family member and the purge of a house rich with years of a history of its own, you know...strange but some things draw me in and call my name. You are in a thrift store full of sh**, it can get overwhelming to some..like your brainwaves tune out to static and you go wall-eyed and have tunnel vision looking at so much junk that you can easily miss something unique and special in the midst of all the chaos, much like Life. So I close my mind off, and most importantly, my mouth.

I tip well, and feel proud to support the community at large. Theres no other place to find incredible vintage rare things at ANY price...so its magical to me that I walked away with this shirt for a whopping two dollars today..

The shirt Really suits that Grenfell cloth hat from the 30s and my American Optical Shooting glasses (which also recently came from a local thrift, They are late 40s, gold plated glass lenses, hefty buggers and one of the earlier pair of marksman sharpshooters and start around 50 smackers) as for the shirt,it was made in Toronto its so old!!!!! wow!!!

gotta ditch the mukluks and get a pair of Bean boots though! hehe you guys got me inspired to search for this style and lo and behold!. You STILL didnt see my WW2 issue Double buckle combat boots I got at a Value Village! We all know those are worth like 200 smackers!!!! I was like...Three, two, one, annnd sploodge. (Can I even say that on here :eusa_doh:)

Of course Im Totally Kidding, Its like staring through the looking glass back into another persons private world. It can reveal so much truth about us all.

theres a lot of grannies and grampses around here, with houses chalk full of this stuff, they are sadly not going to be around too much longer, the local thrift store helps stem the runoff material. Im usually there screening through it for little special things like this. I feel blessed and special to have such a situation. timing is critical though for everything. If I Dont pick it up, Its probly landfill material, and that is a sin, an unholy waste. KArma put me here for that reason I believe, to be the 1% fighting against the onslaught of throwaway sociey. Im damn proud of it too.

The Ignorants can just call me a shallow bottom feeder if it suits..but I truly find that Its my Zen Calling, Might even set up shop once I start Screen printin again. be the Punk rock of Vintage Textiles. if theres anything vintage and rare youre ever looking for...you name it, because Im sure on a long enough timeline I will find it for you, for less than retail value. its what I do to pass the time, I turned every single head in town today wearing this stuff.

shake things up, powerrrr!!!!

Yours Truly

-J

Sending good and positive vibes across the psychic nexus.

Sometimes but not always seldom.

Have the best night ever for all its worth eh!

Eaze.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Oh almost forgot, I know absolutely NOTHING about this JAcket except the Label Looks post WWII to me...why Im bringing it up to the pros for a closer inspection..small pic from smartphone, apologies. I cannot find any info whatsoever.

And if you can find me another Grenfell cloth hat I would love to see it, cant find info on that one either.

thank you.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Out of 150 views no one has any comments, or info. Interesting, I was expecting at least one person to pipe up and say *Lookin Dapper Dumpster*
Or even *Stop embarassing yourself and take it off!*

Damn, So this is a lead balloon I have been inflating eh...

*taps foot* Maybe I should have been wearing those WW2 combat boots:beer: happy St. Pats Ya Good lookin gents ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21