Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Know You Live in a Small(ish) Town When...

We had one of those a few years back, when some desperate soul drove her monster truck right thru the front window at Dunkies. She wanted her Coolata, dammit, and she wasn't gonna wait in line.

That is not just a small town thing - we have one of those every other month (or, probably, more often as they don't always make the news). And as you demonstrated, they usually make for good headlines as there's always some smart play on the business that the car crashed into.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Can I dare ask why this is happening so frequently? Are the drivers impaired? Dangerous conditions? Some sort of weird mob initiation?

A couple have been elderly drivers hitting gas vice break, a couple were novice drivers, same issue, the others just "happened"!

Apparently there are usually only one or two a year in our town.

HadleyH1

One Too Many
I live in a village kind of bohemian, surfers place, close to the big city ..... and I have never in my life seen those huge trucks here

and just to say....I don't mind those big trucks.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
...one day your paper's banner headline is the recovery of the last swan to be put into its winter quarters:

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.co...eturned-to-the-citys-winter-shelter-Wednesday

1298002754259_ORIGINAL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ