Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Drinking Partner From The Golden Age?

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
Ed Bass said:
For a night of liquor enhanced, amorous enjoyment:
Veronica Lake

For a night of bawdy adventure:
Errol Flynn

I would say the same, only taking the amorous from Veronica and adding it to Errol. I think Veronica and I would make great partners in crime, and Errol... ~le sigh~

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
My God! I would have loved to share some drinking moments with the great John Barrymore!!!! :D :D

2325523251_c8ff577c3f_o.jpg

2326342894_745a24a609_o.jpg

2326343078_1e552aa5df_o.jpg

WOOOHOOO!!!! long live the Golden Age! :p ;)

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
HadleyH said:
My God! I would have loved to share some drinking moments with the great John Barrymore!!!! :D :D

2325523251_c8ff577c3f_o.jpg

2326342894_745a24a609_o.jpg

2326343078_1e552aa5df_o.jpg

WOOOHOOO!!!! long live the Golden Age! :p ;)
My lord what a beautiful smoking jacket. Mind you I make the same face shown in the middle picture while pouring my spirits.

59 Blue Bomber

New in Town
I would have to agree with John...W.C. Fields would be great company, I'm sure. Ol' Blue eyes would be another.....And last but not least, although from a different era...Jackie Gleason! "Oh how sweet it is.." Howard Hughes could join us...of course with a bottle of milk and some chocolate chip cookies.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll "third-it" for Noel Coward, but with Dorothy Parker along - wouldn't that pair be like watching tennis, back and forth, back and forth? The Parker story involving a "snatchel" is my favorite, and you just KNOW Coward would have a marvelously lewd, albeit hilarious double-entendre retort to THAT one.

But ya know...Thelma Ritter's right up there with one I'd LOVE to have been able to sit down and just shoot the breeze with, and just listen to marvelous stories of Doris Day and Rock Hudson and Jimmy Steward and Tony Curtis and Jerry Lewis (yeah, not so much...) and so many others.

Steveb1

Familiar Face
For me it's tough to narrow down... But for

Men = Cary Grant, William Powell, Jack Carson
Women = Hedy Lamarr, Myrna Loy, Olivia DeHaviland

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
There are many candidates but David Niven would be right up there as a wit and as a raconteur, which would be my preference in a drinking partner. And he's a war hero to boot...

NivenDavid_01-1.jpg

Just discovered this thread so I have more reading to do - but seeing this I'd have to say an evening's conversation and a drink with David Niven does sound good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran