Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite outerwear Instagram account(s)

Some random thoughts on IG...

I've un-followed most leather jacket dudes 'cause they mostly all reek of having had zero clue of how to dress until they discovered heritage and wear that shit like it's supposed to be a uniform. However, there are some guys who dedicate to nothing in specific but wear everything fantastically, that I still enjoy seeing to this day. I have been giving it a lot of thought, wondering what the secret is and my conclusion is that the best IG accounts are the ones that don't post more than once per week or even less than that.

No offence to anyone but your daily fits are annoying. You legit don't have anything new to bring to the table by the end of the week. Take some time to figure things out & tell me a story. I don't want nor need to see Fjorde crapping his shorts every damn day. I don't!

Another thing; People, please stop using "rugged" and "handmade" and "menswear" (especially "menswear") hashtags or any combination of either cause it's embarrassing. You literally been wearing women's clothes for the last five years (relaxed cut jeans and leather jackets) so menswear hashtag is do I even have to explain it.

Also, literally all clothes is made by hand.

Otherwise, there's some great content on IG. I love looking at pics of just leather jackets as it's informative. Some guys actually have style and dress well. And I dunno...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This guy owns the 70s drug kingpin look

E4A53F92-4C7D-4FA9-83E3-B43719B8779F.jpeg
90F1E4B9-97DE-4043-A66D-024EF476B791.jpeg
B5D0CD34-2116-4F1E-BD52-8CFCB8F6E23F.jpeg
2860003A-7A15-4C38-9457-C9B5C4F313DB.jpeg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The man looks like right out of Coen brother feature film

clarifying edit: which is both a good and a bad thing I guess; for one the Coens make very good movies, but then I do get costume vibes

I don't really follow menswear accounts, for the most part I enjoy shithead steve, doyouevenlift and drunkpeopledoingthings. IG is a source of comic relief for me. I also use it as cloud storage for jacket pics as most tend to be relatively short timers in my closet, and I don't want to hog up device storage with those pics. If I want to find them, searching for an old post here is laborious, so IG fills the gap nicely for quickly retrieving them. Sometimes I need to remind myself why I sold (or bought) a particular style/size.

Pandemic

One Too Many
I’m more of a consumer than contributor, but I occasionally get inspire to post something clothing related. Which then makes me feel weird because I also have family/kids type posts, so I decided to create a sub-account just for the my weird little interests after getting numerous prints to do so from the platform.

The trouble is, Mr Zuckerberg assumes I’m not legit and has blocked me from liking any other accounts for a while.

Dark_Desideratum is my new account

Mrfrown

One Too Many
@Mrfrown speaking of Instagram, you need to invest into some actual jeans. Stat. Ones you got, man... They ain't doing you any favors.

Idk, he is not wearing 15 oz denim but I for one feel he finds a great balance between modern clothing and these retro leather jackets we all like.

Gentlemen! I somehow missed this @ when you made it. Apologies for the very delayed response.

Yeah my jeans have been a serious missing link. I was never sure what size to get in more expensive denim and just kept putting it off. I do like the Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans I have

Got some sizing advice and had the opportunity to try on a few pair in person at the new Iron Shop Provisions in New Orleans. I picked up a pair of Freenote 14oz indigo/black denim which I've been wearing a fair bit in my non-work hours. Will probably give them a soak this week and get them hemmed. Not sure if I'll go full length or leave a bit for cuffing.

I'm also trying to get a pair of the recently released Freewheelers 1960s style jeans in black denim. First pair was too big, swapping for the size down. Bob at HWY.BLUES isn't currently in New Orleans so back to having to deal with shipping.

Dunno if I'll get a pair of Iron Heart at some point or not...although a pair of the Freenote Wilkes in more standard indigo to replace the Wranglers is tempting too

Yall have any recommendations?

I’m more of a consumer than contributor, but I occasionally get inspire to post something clothing related. Which then makes me feel weird because I also have family/kids type posts, so I decided to create a sub-account just for the my weird little interests after getting numerous prints to do so from the platform.

The trouble is, Mr Zuckerberg assumes I’m not legit and has blocked me from liking any other accounts for a while.

Dark_Desideratum is my new account
Hey man the same thing happened to me when I made the new account. Seems to be a standard spam prevention feature. I could follow accounts but not message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider