Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
rebelgtp said:
yeah at my old job one day someone brought in 2 or 3 dozen of those things for the team. my god was everyone miserable that day, well except me knew that just by looking at them they would cause very bad things to happen

lollol

rebelgtp said:
oh and if you want to step up the krispy kreme burger, use one of the bacon maple bars from voodoo donuts in portland. its a maple bar with bacon on it.

8871.jpg

What on earth is that thing?????????

Your diy sandwich sounds lovely, but methinks too much preperation is involved for a sanwich. Sandwich should be quick to make & meaty lol

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rebelgtp said:
oh and if you want to step up the krispy kreme burger, use one of the bacon maple bars from voodoo donuts in portland. its a maple bar with bacon on it.

8871.jpg

That is the most obscene looking thing I've seen in a long time. Do people honestly eat slop like that??!!

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
What on earth is that thing?????????

Your diy sandwich sounds lovely, but methinks too much preperation is involved for a sanwich. Sandwich should be quick to make & meaty lol

that my dear is something that should never have been made. its a maple bar donut with slices of bacon on top. its a specialty at a place in portland called voodoo donuts.

oh and that sandwich is quite good, it can be put together rather quickly if you use the packaged precooked chicken breast strips you can get in the store, just drop it in the marinade, grill it on up and toss it together. if i do it that way it takes me all of 10 minutes of actual prep to get it done short of the actual marinade time.

Smithy
yes they certain do and that thought frightens me.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Doran said:
We'll be there at 7. Or we can come earlier for drinks if you like ...

Note I'm about to eat a baby sandwich to the left.
lol lol Oh you know baby sandwiches are the best! I miss mine...kid sammies wiggle too much.;)

mmm, drinks... sounds like a plan!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Smithy said:
That is the most obscene looking thing I've seen in a long time. Do people honestly eat slop like that??!!

although i don't advocate eating bacon on donuts or on anything else, i've seen them in person and they don't usually look that bad. that's what my totally normal Portland Creme donuts from VD (haha) look like when i pull them out of the bag after it's been shoved in my messenger bag after bringing them home on the bus! it's my favorite donut shop!

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
although i don't advocate eating bacon on donuts or on anything else, i've seen them in person and they don't usually look that bad. that's what my totally normal Portland Creme donuts from VD (haha) look like when i pull them out of the bag after it's been shoved in my messenger bag after bringing them home on the bus! it's my favorite donut shop!

Oh yes I do have to agree they are more then likely the best donut shop in Portland. But just looking at one of those things turns my stomach. They do have some other unique donuts that aren't so disturbing

Ugh! A doughnut with bacon on is just wrong wrong wrong!!

I'd like to have a doughnut store here, though I'm more a fan of pastries to be honest, it's the continental in me. This is a store that sells just doughnuts right? Perhaps I will venture into Brum tomorrow to try a Crispy Creme...

Anyway, back to the subject, I just had the worst sandwich ever, wholemeal bread, branston pickle and Asda Smart Price mozzerella style cheese substitute (tomorrow is payday & there really was nothing else to have).

I should have gone without :(

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Wow all those sandwiches recipes are soo elaborate!! Well, I don't eat sandwiches a lot, except when I've got class and I don't have the time to have a real lunch!! My favourite is ham and butter in a baguette!! I love kebab too (but in a tortilla!!)

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Bacon Burger Dog!!!! i forgot all about those!!! talk about clogging your pump...made these before the holidays...late nov, early dec...

BBD.jpg
BBD2.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:
Bacon Burger Dog!!!! i forgot all about those!!! talk about clogging your pump...made these before the holidays...late nov, early dec...

Get those carrots outa there an you've got one helluva breakfast. Leave the mac & cheese.lol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Coald meat loaf day

Today it's a BBQ meat loaf sammich on German Dark bread (a multigrain pumpernickel hybrid) with mayo and maybe a dash of mustard. Got the idea from a German deli on Long Island, who used pumpernickel and plain old non-BBQ meat loaf.

I agree with the others about the bacon maple bar. It's so obscene Gustave Courbet should have painted its portrait. I would sooner eat the chocolate covered lard they have in Ukraine.
fat_candy1.jpg

I love cubanos.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking they'd be at their best warmed to slightly above room temperature, so the lard center begins to soften along with the chonklit.

But I really prefer my chocolate and my pig fat taken separately.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This morning, I wanted peanut butter but we were out. So this is what I did: I roasted some raw peanuts we had, then put them in our food processor and added vegetable oil and salt. Came out pretty good, but a little burned.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
rebelgtp said:
ok who is ready for a burger?
15pound_000.JPG

thats a nice little 15 POUND burger

and if thats not enough

here is the 50+ LB burger

50POUNDER_000.JPG

do you want fries with that?

ARGHHH!!! My god!! What an enormous burger!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy