Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

rebelgtp said:
thats a nice little 15 POUND burger

and if thats not enough

here is the 50+ LB burger

Eighty-six the rabbit-food on it and I'm game--might be a few days, though... Do they have WiFi and free refills on sodas too, I hope? lol (As long as I have steady streams of both caffeine and data being pumped into my brain, I can stay at it as long as it takes...:eek: )

Fletch said:
fat_candy1.jpg

:eek: Good lord!! Wrong in so many ways.

As for the massive burger, It does have salad so it can't be that bad for you surely...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Christmas Sandwiches

rebelgtp said:
would you call this a bacon quesadilla? its an pack of bacon laced together, fried then cheese put in the middle. the weird things you find on car forums...[huh]
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3681182

IMG_8834.jpg

On 98.7 FM in Dallas this morning they were discussing chocolate covered bacon. Sounds yucky to me. *yucky*

Then I was searching for Miller Hats and the sandwich thread popped up. And I haven't eaten since breakfast. :essen:

Wrap this one in a green spinach tortilla and I'm havin' lunch! ;) :)

When visiting the San Gabriel Valley...

(Bacon- I had tried a home made bacon-brittle, like peanut brittle but with small bits of high end specialty bacon in the brittle. It was actually quite good.)

Re: those Sandwiches!
If any of you are in the LA area, I'd like to suggest "The Stuffed Sandwich" in San Gabriel. http://www.stuffedsandwich.com/

They do a good job, but I will caution you that they use an Italian dressing on the sandwich IF you say Yes to the question of "Everything on it?" and it is not always to everyone's liking. I always suggest you are better off specifying the condiments you want.

While there I like:
Roast Beef Dip on toasted roll with Swiss, a little mayo and some horseradish.

Hot Pastrami Dip on a toasted roll with a tad of mayo and mustard.

Hot cornbeef on toasted rye with swiss a touch of mayo and mustard or horseradish.

Their tuna on any kind of toast. The liverwurst, or the turkey with avocado & bacon.

They often have some killer soups too. Both the potato and macaroni salads are hand made there.

Out of my league totally, if you think you like hot-hot stuff try the "Polish Sausage with a little love on it."

HERE'S THE GOOD PART}
Plus it doesn't hurt them to have about 10 beers on tap and another 700 or so in bottle or can.
Although, their license requires buying food to buy beer.

I've a regular since about 1985.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Baumont Club Sandwich

I do enjoy a sandwich with three slices of bread and two fillings, the first filling is chicken and avacado, the second is pastrami and Cream cheese. assemble while bread is semi frozen, and cut the crusts off, cut into finger size pieces, serve with a pot of Lapsang Souchong or Earl Grey tea (in a pot!!) accompanied by dainty cakes, or scones with blueberry jam and cream, preferably in a wood panneled Library, with a wood fire in the hearth , if you have access to one

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BinkieBaumont said:
I do enjoy a sandwich with three slices of bread and two fillings, the first filling is chicken and avacado, the second is pastrami and Cream cheese. assemble while bread is semi frozen, and cut the crusts off, cut into finger size pieces, serve with a pot of Lapsang Souchong or Earl Grey tea (in a pot!!) accompanied by dainty cakes, or scones with blueberry jam and cream, preferably in a wood panneled Library, with a wood fire in the hearth , if you have access to one

Interesting, and as for the library, I like the way you think.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Let's Sandwich

John, "Te Stuffed Sandwich" sounds like sandwich (and beer) lovers heaven. Visual aids are a nice touch. :)

Conductor, When in Miami, I always have a Cuban Sandwich! YUM! Bining by Rail appears to be a book I'll be adding to my collection. Thanks for the link. :)

BinkieBeaumont, I like your full-bore approach to having a sandwich. Why have a snack when one can have a production! :D :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

When I was much younger, my brother and I attended a multi-denominational youth group meeting at a local church. Everyone was asked to bring their favorite sandwich. Supposing that we were to eat our own sandwiches, I made a double-decker of chunky peanut butter and mayonaise on top with liverwurst, sharp cheddar cheese, and spicy mustard below, on three slices of rye bread. :)

(Don't try this at home unless you are gastronomically enhanced!)

Imagine my consternation when we discovered that dining was to be pot-luck. All the sandwiches were deposited on folding tables and the attendees could select any of the sandwiches present! :eek:

Luckily, I was able to locate my sandwich and castrophe was narrowly averted. :eusa_doh:

Subvet642

A-List Customer
While I love sandwiches of almost all varieties (except PB&J, oddly; I can't stand peanut butter, but I do like peanuts [huh] ), My favorite has to be the somewhat less-than-exotic Grilled Ruben. Not piled quite-so-high as to be unmanagable. I usually find myself ordering the steak and cheese sub from the joint around the corner; with double Provelone, mushrooms and hots. :essen: I almost forgot: "The Thanksgiving Sandwich"-'nuff said!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ever since my addiction to the vile yet hilarious TV show DEXTER began, I have been yearning for a Miami pulled pork Cuban sandwich. I have no plans on visiting Miami, however; the sandwich experience may have to wait for decades.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Doran said:
Ever since my addiction to the vile yet hilarious TV show DEXTER began, I have been yearning for a Miami pulled pork Cuban sandwich. I have no plans on visiting Miami, however; the sandwich experience may have to wait for decades.

Somehow, I never seem to be able to muster up much of an appetite for a sandwich (or anything else) while watching either DEXTER or BONES on TV! :eek: :D

just_me

Practically Family
I love fatty meat sandwiches from a Jewish Deli like Katz's in NYC. Corned beef, tongue, or brisket on club with deli mustard and cole slaw.

I also love big fat med. rare cheeseburgers with cheddar, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and mayo.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
right down the block .... literally

just_me said:
I love fatty meat sandwiches from a Jewish Deli like Katz's in NYC. Corned beef, tongue, or brisket on club with deli mustard and cole slaw.

I also love big fat med. rare cheeseburgers with cheddar, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and mayo.

I drop by once in a while on my way home from the Second Ave stop .. enter grab a ticket then ponder... brisket, corned beef or pastrami while the line moves forward... I pretty much ordered every item on the menu at least once... but my favorite has to be pastrami on rye... watching the deli god deftly operate his extremely sharp cutting instruments is a joy to behold. Piled high, has to be about a pound of meat with four thin slices of rye on the side! So on my way out the door I spy an empty table with a container of pickle & peppers... I grab a few of those & shove them in my bag, :D

----------------
Now playing: Shins, the - Gone For Good
via FoxyTunes

just_me

Practically Family
Been so long since I've been to Katz's. I used to live not far from there back in the days of my youth. So, they still use the tickets. :)

Send a salami to your boy in the army
(said in a NY accent).
lol lol lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just the other day I was telling fellow Lounger I was munching on a sammich made of almond butter and blueberry preserves on homemade wheat bread.

A yummy take on PB&J Mmmmmmm good!

LD

LizzieMaine

Bartender
just_me said:

A variation on this is Montreal Smoked Meat -- it's brisket, but with just a touch of what tastes like a vinegary marinade before it's smoked. First served at Schwartz's in Montreal (worth the trip, no matter how far you have to travel), but now it's available in stateside delis, at least around here. Ask your meat man for "Montreal Brisket" and give it a try! A classic vintage sandwich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy