Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Most Disturbing Realizations

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Excuses, excuses. I would think that rendered Senators would make a fine substitute for Mastodon Lard. They are currently available in superabundance, and since they are doing absolutely nothing anyway...

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Doctor Who stuff.

Matt Smith, the Eleventh Doctor, was about one when I started watching.
David Tennant, the Tenth, is roughly MY age.
Jenna Coleman was negative three when I started watching.
Peter Capaldi AND David Tennant are sort of second generation Whovians; they grew up watching and have been ON the thing.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
When I first started to watch Dr. Who, William Hartnell was the doctor :rolleyes:..................apparently, I hid behind the sofa during most of the episodes. They made 'em really scary back then. :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I started watching Who in the mid-70s on PBS, when the Third Doctor was just wrapping up his tenure. It disturbs me to realize that the young hippie-bohemian scarf-wearing guy who replaced him is now a puffy old gentleman in his eighties.

It disturbs me even more to realize that Mr. Hartnell, the doddering old First Doctor, was only fifty-seven years of age when he took on the role. That's only four years older than I am now, dear boy, hmmm? Dear dear, this is most disturbing.

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
Every time I see a "retro" anomaly like a video rental store or a pay phone, I make sure to take a picture of my 1 year old in front of it so he can know they once existed!

It's probably been covered in this thread, but what is really disturbing is that kids today see DVDs as ancient technology - VHS tapes are fossils as far as they are concerned and not being able to record TV was Adam and Eve's second biggest problem.

But DVDs, my God, it doesn't seem that long ago that they were the "new" thing that killed VHS tapes.

It's probably been covered in this thread, but what is really disturbing is that kids today see DVDs as ancient technology - VHS tapes are fossils as far as they are concerned and not being able to record TV was Adam and Eve's second biggest problem.

But DVDs, my God, it doesn't seem that long ago that they were the "new" thing that killed VHS tapes.
With the increase of electronic music media and the ability to download, upload, and otherwise share such media through the Interwebz in recent years, you could almost say the same of audio CDs.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Who stuff.

Matt Smith, the Eleventh Doctor, was about one when I started watching.
David Tennant, the Tenth, is roughly MY age.
Jenna Coleman was negative three when I started watching.
Peter Capaldi AND David Tennant are sort of second generation Whovians; they grew up watching and have been ON the thing.
Tennant was only alive for a couple of years before I watched my first and only Dr. Who back in the 70s. Ironically, he is the one, I actually watched on Disney a while back, I thought he was good, but I am not a DWAS!

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Well, let's see here; I find it more remarkable than disturbing that I see so many death notices and obituaries in the newspaper (we still get the paper) who were younger than I am. But typically it's the older people who have the more interesting obituaries. More likely, though, it's just those who had interesting lives who have obituaries in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy