Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most romantic gesture?

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Last Valentines Day, I got off of work at 7 am and rode by my Fiances house. She was still asleep. I placed a bear dressed as the Kissing Bandit and a small potted plant on her vehicle. That night I gave her a large bag with a big red bear, a basket filled with candy and another smaller bear, a card and a dozen red roses. They were a diversion, because I took her to Bogart's in Raleigh and gave her a promise ring. The ring was the main gift. I was dressed in my best black 3 piece suit and my Gray Fedora, called the Casablanca. She really loved it. My avatar is the picture of me from that night.

The next time was when I gave her her real engagement ring. It was in Blowing Rock, NC at the Grandfather Mountain Highland games. We had just gotten some ice cream from Kilwins on Main St. I took her to sit on the park bench at the park that overlooks Main St in Blowing Rock. I had open the box when she was looking the other way and placed it under my arm facing her and I was drinking my milk shake and looking the other way. She started crying. It is a night I will never forget.

Gray Ghost

maintcoder

A-List Customer
My most romantic gestures...

seem to always involve a kiss!

This situation involves a married female friend that I have deep feelings for. I had never shared them with her - she considered me a good friend and I was content to remain her friend. Her marriage was falling apart fast and she was trying to save it, when her husband left for a business trip. He left on a Sunday without so much as a decent goodbye and didn't call to let her know he had arrived at his destination. I met her on the train ride to work the following Monday and she was barely able to control her tears as I tried to comfort her and understand why she was so upset. She had called him to see if he was OK and he didn't pick up or respond to the voice mail she left him. She said she was certain he would not call her the whole week he was gone just to spite her. I tried to comfort her as best I could and offer encouragement as we walked to the office building we work in. She went to her floor and I went to mine. As soon as I sat down at my desk, I wrote her an email telling her that she needed to go to her husband immediately (telling her work was no excuse and that it can wait) and let him know how much she cares for him and how much she wants their relationship to work, no matter what. She agreed but was worried he would be furious about the expense (as money was an issue between them). I told her not to worry...

I told my boss I was leaving for the day, called a cab, and had her meet me downstairs. After the cab dropped us off at the parking garage of the train station, I followed her to her home, helped her pack, loaded her suitcase into my car, and drove her to the airport. I walked her up to the reservation desk and purchased her ticket. We had lunch together before she went through security to catch her flight. As I walked her to the security line, she grabbed me and hugged me tightly, telling me over and over again 'Thank you...' when all at once I lifted her face up and kissed her deeply. We broke our embrace and she moved toward the line, never looking away. She went through the security checkpoint and was still watching me - I couldn't leave either - as she gathered her belongings. She began to walk to her gate and our gaze never broke until she was out of sight...

maintcoder

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Hahahhahahah! Good answer. This year is a nice new vacuum cleaner or a gun cleaning kit so she can clean hers and mine. :p

Wow, what a lucky lady! lol

I bet you take very special care of her romantically, JP - remember I saw the photos from last year's QM event and you two looked pretty sweet on each other!

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Hahahhahahah! Good answer. This year is a nice new vacuum cleaner or a gun cleaning kit so she can clean hers and mine. :p

You clean your guns with a vacuum cleaner? Perhaps you might wish to consider a brand of ammunition that leaves less residue.

maintcoder said:
Wow, what a lucky lady! lol

I bet you take very special care of her romantically, JP - remember I saw the photos from last year's QM event and you two looked pretty sweet on each other!

Shhhhhhhh! Don't ruin the image I was trying to project. :rage: :p
Next thing you are going to insinuate that I actually use the iron and vacuum cleaner. :D

Regards,

J

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]You clean your guns with a vacuum cleaner? Perhaps you might wish to consider a brand of ammunition that leaves less residue.[/QUOTE]

Hey, now there might be a reason to know how to use the vacuum cleaner. :p Sometimes the ole shotgun does get a buildup after she finishes firing a couple hundred rounds through it. ;)

Regards,

J

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Hey, now there might be a reason to know how to use the vacuum cleaner. :p Sometimes the ole shotgun does get a buildup after she finishes firing a couple hundred rounds through it. ;)

Regards,

J

Well that would make for a really short episode of CSI:

"Test him for gunshot residue."
"Why bother? I can see it all over his tie!"

Naama

Practically Family
So, I have to admit, I didn't had that much romantic in my life so far, so, it might sound a bit.... stupid....? But I'll tell you anyway ;)

So, there was this guy I had a crush on. One night we met accidently at a club. We talked a little bit, but not too much, since he was there with a friend, and I was there with friends and I'm pretty shy if it comes to guys.... So, anyway, later that night I was standing near the dancefloor, chatting with a friend and all of a sudden he grabbed me and pulled me on the dancefloor.
Yeah, but then, all of a sudden his friend pulled him away and yelled at him.... It was all quite strange.....

Naama

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
CSI? Chevalier Style Investigator? :p

Not so much "Who are you?" for the theme music as "What do you think you look like?" lol

And (just to crowbar the topic in somewhere) probably a few lessons for the romance-deficient as well.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Hot August Nights

I ran into a man that I had gone to school with from 7-11th grade. I think over that time frame we had crushes on each other but neither of us every did anything about it. I ran into him at a B-52's concert in August 2000 and we hit it off. We were having such a good time didn't want the evening to end, we went to a park, sat on a bench taking in the vew and talked for hours. At 2 a.m. the sprinklers came on and he said, "HEY, let's run through the sprinklers!"

It struck me as extremely fun and romantic. I will never forget that and I think about it every time, I am back in Reno and drive past that park.

We saw each other a few times. Our life goals were different but we still keep in touch.

Strider

One of the Regulars
I live in California. Romance is dead here. I've never recieved such gestures, and as such, I haven't given them, either. Don't suppose I ever will, either.

Bohemia, Bohemia is a fallacy in your head .. this is Calcutta. Bohemia is dead.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
maintcoder said:
seem to always involve a kiss!

This situation involves a married female friend that I have deep feelings for. I had never shared them with her - she considered me a good friend and I was content to remain her friend. Her marriage was falling apart fast and she was trying to save it, when her husband left for a business trip. He left on a Sunday without so much as a decent goodbye and didn't call to let her know he had arrived at his destination. I met her on the train ride to work the following Monday and she was barely able to control her tears as I tried to comfort her and understand why she was so upset. She had called him to see if he was OK and he didn't pick up or respond to the voice mail she left him. She said she was certain he would not call her the whole week he was gone just to spite her. I tried to comfort her as best I could and offer encouragement as we walked to the office building we work in. She went to her floor and I went to mine. As soon as I sat down at my desk, I wrote her an email telling her that she needed to go to her husband immediately (telling her work was no excuse and that it can wait) and let him know how much she cares for him and how much she wants their relationship to work, no matter what. She agreed but was worried he would be furious about the expense (as money was an issue between them). I told her not to worry...

I told my boss I was leaving for the day, called a cab, and had her meet me downstairs. After the cab dropped us off at the parking garage of the train station, I followed her to her home, helped her pack, loaded her suitcase into my car, and drove her to the airport. I walked her up to the reservation desk and purchased her ticket. We had lunch together before she went through security to catch her flight. As I walked her to the security line, she grabbed me and hugged me tightly, telling me over and over again 'Thank you...' when all at once I lifted her face up and kissed her deeply. We broke our embrace and she moved toward the line, never looking away. She went through the security checkpoint and was still watching me - I couldn't leave either - as she gathered her belongings. She began to walk to her gate and our gaze never broke until she was out of sight...

:eek: Well did it work out with her husband!? What happened!? I have to know the next episode...er outcome.

And yes, that was totally romantic. What a good and noble man you are.

LD

Strider

One of the Regulars
I find it completely amazing how people can read something, and totally skip over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24