Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your personality traits~ best and worst

Insp. Bumstead

New in Town
Best traits: Honesty, intelligence, literacy

Worst traits: Laziness, pessimism, impatience with people.

I am also very independent and don't usually seek out the company or approval of others, and that can excaberate both my good and bad characteristics.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh geez...I think perhaps for me they are both the same! I am one to never stop wanting to resolve any issue or problem until it is resolved, (got to go at it until the cows come home). Very fussy about how things get done, regardless of what it may be.

Punctual when it comes to appointments, very concerned with any "details" of business issues, and have a desire to make sure anything I do in business is beyond merely acceptable.

I have a very wicked sense of humor.....(weeeeeeeeeee hahahahahahaah lololol!)!

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
best - I'm told I'm off the wall, quirky, not at all serious, bit of a dreamer really, old romantic, generous, thoughtful, caring, a fan of nature and the earth etc etc bit of a hippy I guess too...

worst - really rather irrational tbh, hold grudges when I shouldn't, am always late...

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Best: I am capable of striking an ideal balance between personality traits - Like a chameleon, I can become whoever you want me to be.

Worst: I can be fatalistic when times get tough.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Best: I am capable of striking an ideal balance between personality traits - Like a chameleon, I can become whoever you want me to be.

Worst: I can be fatalistic when times get tough.

Geez, C Dot, the part about being what anyone else would want you to be, I would think as much as a sweetie that you are, you won't need to be anything but as you are! Perhaps you can obtain a fly swatter and use it if need be, to impress some factors of greatness I am sure you do possess?

I know when I was a bit younger, I took it upon myself to always desire to "please" or be what ever the expectations were of me, but then I found if I was going to not be miserable, I had to learn to tell "others" to, "stuff it".

bellaclaire

New in Town
I know when I was a bit younger, I took it upon myself to always desire to "please" or be what ever the expectations were of me, but then I found if I was going to not be miserable, I had to learn to tell "others" to, "stuff it".

I did that a lot, !! still have to stop myself!!

Best.....loyal. faithful ( with a wet nose !! [huh]) and will help anyone...

Worst....no self confidence and stubborn! (why after trying to be what i thought people wanted, they all got a suprise !! :D)

lolly_loisides

One Too Many

That made me think of Woody Allen's film Zelig!
I second what LMH2 & Bellaclaire said. As you get older you you realise that you can't be all things to all people & to be honest, if you have to be something that you aren't to gain other peoples approval or friendship then those kind of friends really aren't worth having.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Geez, C Dot, the part about being what anyone else would want you to be, I would think as much as a sweetie that you are, you won't need to be anything but as you are! Perhaps you can obtain a fly swatter and use it if need be, to impress some factors of greatness I am sure you do possess?

I second what LMH2 & Bellaclaire said. As you get older you you realise that you can't be all things to all people & to be honest, if you have to be something that you aren't to gain other peoples approval or friendship then those kind of friends really aren't worth having.

Thanks you two :) What you're saying is true, but I meant it more that I can be many things to people. Whatever they see in me, I can become: a therapist, a casual friend, a teacher, a lover, an entertainer, etc. but always a version of myself.

I don't think I've ever put on masks or become something I'm not for people - I'm far too much of an open book. But like you say, I did used to bend much faster to gain people's approval. I'm more selective now about who I do that for. :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I was thinking I need to add a few really star quality traits I have and that perhaps you "Gals" would very much appreciate them....let me see now....oh yes....I never take my shoes and socks off at the dinner table and pick at my toes while supper is served.....yep...that is worth a few points there....and another one...I never forget to place and extra roll of "paper" in the "loo" in keeping my consideration for the next "visitor" that may need to use it...that is also a high level quality I have. Oh yes, I don't snore!

bellaclaire

New in Town
I don't think I've ever put on masks or become something I'm not for people - I'm far too much of an open book. But like you say, I did used to bend much faster to gain people's approval. I'm more selective now about who I do that for. :)

I can relate to that! i can be all the things people need ...just have learnt to be selective as unfortunatly to some these spell "doormat"

bellaclaire

New in Town
I was thinking I need to add a few really star quality traits I have and that perhaps you "Gals" would very much appreciate them....let me see now....oh yes....I never take my shoes and socks off at the dinner table and pick at my toes while supper is served.....yep...that is worth a few points there....and another one...I never forget to place and extra roll of "paper" in the "loo" in keeping my consideration for the next "visitor" that may need to use it...that is also a high level quality I have. Oh yes, I don't snore!

with traits like this i bet there queing at your door hun!!! :eusa_clap ..xx

Chas

One Too Many
has anybody here ever played the strategy games from the "Total War" series? The characters/historical personages have "virtues and vices" which appear on their information menu.

I would posit that my "virtues and vices" would probably read (almost as if I was a 'Rome: Total War' character):

Steadfastly Loyal
Philosophically Inclined
Fair
Strict
Erudite
Loves a Good Joke
Practical Joker
Lover of Music
Mildly neurotic
Exciteable
Calm in Emergencies
Worrier
Lusty
Brave
Intelligent
Atheist
Likes A Drink
Gourmand
Adventurous
Poor Accountant
Opinionated
Kind
Musician
Rational
Generous
Passionate
Emotional
Likes Pets
Loves The Sea
Hates Facists

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm a good listener. I tend to be fairly quiet most of the time. I don't yammer on just to hear myself talk, regardless of the subject.

I operate on principle most of the time, which has gotten me into trouble, but I will not do something if I know it's wrong even if the majority are doing it.

I am able to listen to, and appreciate, varying 'sides' of a discussion or argument, regardless of whether or not I agree with them.

I'm very dedicated, and once I commit to someone or something, I'm there no matter what.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy