Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your personality traits~ best and worst

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I am either the life and soul of the party or a total recluse, stubborn, impatient, inclined sometimes to being totally bone-idle, i have inherited the dreadful Sicilian temper (controlled to once a year blow-out). I like a good whinge and a moan as well, i even bore myself half to death when i'm doing it and still carry on.

On the plus side, i'm loyal, kind and generous (so i've been told) and i don't take myself or life too seriously, unless it's warranted. (And i can make the distinction)!

Tiller

Practically Family
I teach and I have given up trying to get my spelling correct. I'm not that good when sitting down and writing or typing. You can just forget trying to spell correctly when you are writing words that are 8 inches high in capital letters in front of an audience.

I'm in the same boat as both of you sheeplady and shazzabanazza. I'm a horrible writer and I know it. My grammar is god awful, and my spelling isn't much better. I always say I'm going to try to improve myself, by either taking a online class, or by buying some books on the subject, but time passes and I put it off. I really should though, I always claim that their is nothing wrong with learning new skills, maybe I'll start now :). As my Grandmother used to say "If your going to do something, just do it and stop talking about it.".

The Good

Call Me a Cab
The Good: I like to believe that I'm friendly, presentable in appearance, approachable, calm, cool, and collected.

The Bad: Although I'm normally calm, I'm prone to some bouts of anger when pushed far, and I am quite a worrier when it comes to depressing and embarrassing situations, like a bad exam grade or missing a deadline. I tend to dwell on the consequences of any given circumstance, maybe too much. I would consider myself rather shy and I generally keep to myself, although I speak when spoken to, and I make sure to say the appropriate response in any given situation.

& The Ugly: I have an obsessive compulsive disorder, a mild case of Asperger's disorder, and maybe a somewhat schizoid and paranoid personality based on some online quiz I took (I wonder if that means much). I am often soft-spoken, and sometimes while trying to speak I spend an awkward few seconds trying to figure out just what it was I was trying to say.

Yeah, I seem like a mess, but in reality I project a pretty normal image to the public, along with some of my eccentric traits.

Mae Croft

Familiar Face
I'm a very loyal friend, I keep my nose out of others business, I'm a good cook, I'm a half decent web developer and I keep a clean house. I guess I've been a good house wife since I was a kid, even though I have no intention of ever (ever) getting married or making it a career - kudos to those who can do that, it's not for me!

I'm also extremely stubborn, blunt and often contrary (though never just for the sake of being contrary, so that's something at least lol). I've had people tell me that whatever they like, I automatically don't like it when in reality I start out not liking it and have the worst time trying to hold that in when someone who does like it wants to convert me! lol

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Best: I am a straight to the point kind of guy, no beating around the bush, when someone has to be told what the need to hear or if something needs to get done no dilly dallying!
Worst: According to my parents I can be too inconsiderate of "drug addicted people" and criminals of all kinds (which apparently is bad... I don't believe so), I think I'm more of a conservative personality.

Mae Croft: I can be very contrary as well!

Last edited:

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Best: I´m (almost) always in a good mood (there are always exceptions obviously) .. I don´t like to waste my time sobbing hehe :p
You´d have to ask my friends about my other good personality traits though.

"Worst": I´m shy and I´m not afraid to say what´s on my mind at any given moment. (So my blunt-ness and and my "runny"-mouth have gotten me into trouble sometimes.)

Last edited:

rue

Shy? No one here would know it, but I'm painfully shy. In person I rarely speak and I come across as a snot. So basically another worst is that I'm extremely self-conscious. You are in good company here from what I can tell :)

Don't forget that you and I are TFL's biggest worriers lol

I never stop worrying, even about things that hardly concern me. If something is wrong in the life of someone I know, I worry about it. I worry about bills, even though I have the money to pay them. I worry about my job, even though it's secure and union, I'm always worried about layoffs. (The plant's been there since the 60's and never had one) I worry about things I say and how I say them and go over them analyzing and analyzing them into oblivion. I worry about things I said/did 10 years or more ago, like anyone even remembers! I shouldn't worry so much, but I do.

Shy? No one here would know it, but I'm painfully shy. In person I rarely speak and I come across as a snot. So basically another worst is that I'm extremely self-conscious. You are in good company here from what I can tell :)

rue

I know... I do too. Just tonight I was reminded of why I worry so much. I say things and don't realize how someone might take it and it gets blown out of proportion. People always want to know why I worry and I don't know how to explain it. I also worry about things I shouldn't... if we don't hear from someone here, I worry and wonder where they went and why they don't post anymore.... I guess I just care [huh]

I know what you mean. I've noticed a few people I used to talk to quite a bit on here have all but vanished if not vanished and I'm curious what has become of them. Hope they're okay!

I know... I do too. Just tonight I was reminded of why I worry so much. I say things and don't realize how someone might take it and it gets blown out of proportion. People always want to know why I worry and I don't know how to explain it. I also worry about things I shouldn't... if we don't hear from someone here, I worry and wonder where they went and why they don't post anymore.... I guess I just care [huh]

Tatum

Practically Family
Rue, like you wondering where I had run off to? :)

Hmm.

Worsts: I am a worrier too. I have a sharp tone of voice sometimes, which I am unaware of mostly but it colors whatever I said. Not sure how to better explain that! I let stupid things get to me on occasion and really send me over the edge.

Bests: I'm not afraid to try new things. I am a great cook. I'm not afraid to look silly, like playing in puddles even though I'm too old, because it's still fun. I love to learn, and I am always trying to better myself.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Best - erm I am punctual and generally don't have bad moods.

Worst - shy, naive, dull, old fashioned, nervous around new people, no confidence, worry too much about what people think of me, hate attention, selfish, I procrastinate, sarcastic (working on it) and not very practical.

rue

Rue, like you wondering where I had run off to? :)

Yes :eek: Although you weren't gone long enough for me to send out a search party ;)

I know it's weird, but when you 'chat' with someone on here all the time and then 'poof' they're gone, it's disconcerting. It was even weirder when I was blogging. People would post everyday for years and then one day they just stopped.

Tom.... I think we're the president and first lady of Worrytown, USA :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy