Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$10,000 VISVIM Jacket

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
no clothing company would survive the moto of minimalist wardrobe, after they sell their customer the best strongest jeans that will last a decade or more in urban activity, or triple stitched horsebutt boots that should last 3x lifetime... then what?
Yes, they would.
Because they sell an idea that is completely irrelevant for most people in practice, because very few people are actually minimalists. But you could if you wanted to, and that counts. I.e. I would then have a pair of pants that lasts forever, but why would I not want to have 5 of them? Leather jackets also last forever and we have several of them.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is really an old topic in new disguise: What´s the "value" of anything? How is "value" to be transferred into pricing?

I think this is an important point that applies every bit as much to our vaunted "traditional techniques", "hard wearing", "artisanal" stuff as it does to fashion label stuff.

However, I genuinely think that some items are something of a joke on the customer, to see who will buy it. (This is fascinating in its own right.) There are some particularly obvious examples such as when Cards Against Humanity sold actual bull feces and people immediately bought it, but it certainly exists in the fashion space. Kapital, for instance, sells just the cut-off collar of a B-15 jacket as a "neck warmer" or something for several hundred dollars.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I actually quite like that Kapital boro, what I hate though is the price but on the whole I think some Kapital clothing is fairly priced, e.g. the Ring Coat, retails for 34,980 yen, just around $254 (according to Google). I think that's not too insane, it's a unique design too, but also on the other hand their prices are all around the shop. You have this full piece of outerwear for $250 but then a button up shirt that costs over a grand. Doesn't make any sense to me, and also the same jacket in a different material is 3x the price...

Very confusing but at least they have some options that aren't so pricey, unlike Visvim where everything is priced absolutely bonkers for no discernible reason.

If you thought $10K Visvim was bad, here's a $14K one. VLJ gonna love this one.

https://www.farfetch.com/ca/shoppin...omber-jacket-item-19003683.aspx?storeid=13537

19003683_43379921_1000.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic