Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$1000.00 Montecristi for a Ten Dollar Bill

db5zx

Familiar Face
...you guys got me, too

I just bought a second ticket as well... Seeing that so many of you guys bought two tickets I thought my chances would be slim with only one. Plus, at least someone will benefit from my money...

Jens

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE

I am elated at the response of the lounge. When I first came up with this idea and approached Roger, Robert and Art, I had high hopes and visions of a successful outcome. This has surpassed what my visions were. We will compile the list and check it for accuracy and announce a winner ASAP. Once again many thanks to MK for allowing us to use this venue. A hearty thanks and pat on the back to the steering committee and all those who purchased a chance for the sake of the children.

EricH

One of the Regulars
Hey this was fun! It feels great to be giving and knowing what you give will do so much good! Let's do it again!

Way to go loungers! And thank you to all of you who organized this raffle :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Whoever gets to wear this hat will be wearing something truly special. Hey Art guess this one is more than "just a hat" ;)

Eric

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Whether or not any of us win the hat, it should have felt just as good to buy the chance. I'm a father to my kids, and it's nice to help other fathers, especially near or ON Father's Day!!:D

Good Luck to all and feel good about helping kids and families.

dv

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I have an emergency trip to Montecristi to try and patch up some business matters, so I'll have a good idea of what the money can be used for. We'll then present it to the President and decide if we should call the board together or just have her make the executive decision.

I'll take numerous photos.

I'm going to try and beg Simon Espinal to make the hat, but since he's got that lucrative contract (indentured servitude) he probably won't be able to. We'll get a member of his family to, though.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I know that the winner has been drawn and that the "guys in charge" are deciding how to announce it. We're being responsible, as the winner may or may not want to be identified with his or her real name.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Panamabob said:
I know that the winner has been drawn and that the "guys in charge" are deciding how to announce it. We're being responsible, as the winner may or may not want to be identified with his or her real name.

Accepting this award for the unknown winner is Mark The shoeshine boy....

Thank you..on behalf of the unknown winner...I want to thank all the little people, who made this possible...I can't wait till it arrives at my house after Art Fawcett does his magic on it.

I humbly want to say ...Thank You....

mark the shoeshine boy

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
AND THE WINNER IS

"DRUM ROLL PLEASE"

The winning name has been drawn and the winner is

Doc Holiday

We hope you enjoy your hat.

Once again, we would like to thank MK for allowing us to use this venue, thanks to Panamabob for acquiring the blank, Art Fawcett for his talents in building the winners hat and Sharpetoys for his efforts and input. We also are grateful to the Membership of the Lounge in supporting this endeavor for the children of Ecuador.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy