Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1920s Work Coat Collar...

zebedee

One Too Many
...has anyone got one of these that has some years on it and have pics where the collar's 'relaxed' a bit? I am thinking of getting one, but the collar seems very 'sharp' to me.

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Mine is made in 2016 and has been well used ever since. The collar has corduroy on the flip-side, and it's completely soft on the neck, but still pretty stiff/sharp in the front.

3Cok2TU.jpg
Tkg2wzG.jpg

Great coat for the colder seasons, and I'm really liking the mid-weight Battered Tan HH and the Melton lining in this.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Mine is made in 2016 and has been well used ever since. The collar has corduroy on the flip-side, and it's completely soft on the neck, but still pretty stiff/sharp in the front.

3Cok2TU.jpg
Tkg2wzG.jpg

Great coat for the colder seasons, and I'm really liking the mid-weight Battered Tan HH and the Melton lining in this.
Let’s see a fit pic!

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
As said, the collar is soft from the neck and feels comfortable, but yes, it's still sharp in the front. Doesn't bother me and pairs pretty well with the stiff-ish hide, I think. The collar design and the hide also give the coat a tad more formal look compared to my FW Brakeman:

wlEAlYU.jpg

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I recall when that coat was introduced by Aero. I thought it would really be a top seller as similar-styled jackets are usually Japanese and are much more expensive. Doesn't seem to be a very popular model. Not sure why - I think it looks very nice.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I sold mine here a couple of years ago as it was slightly too big at a size 46,it was a terrific jacket in vicenza dark seal. The heavy stuff from horween doesn't do it for me, I dislike the weight and the quick ageing, colour loss.

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Wow, that looks perfect. I always wondered why we don’t see that more around here. Imho it looks better than the FW and at half the cost.

Thank you. The photo doesn't quite do justice to the Brakeman as the collar looks wonky and I wear the coat usually buttoned up, making the upper section to fit more neatly. That said, I really like the work coat and I also think it fits pretty nicely.

How is the mobility? For example driving.

The fit is a tiny bit restrictive tbh. This becomes clear when you have to move your upper body, and driving is a good example. The coat is just cut that way: the armholes are high, the shoulder length is on the narrow side and the chest is meant to fit snugly. Also the mid-weight cxl hide is (still) clearly stiffer than say the Shinki of the Brakeman. You can of course move yourself and put the seat belt on, no worries, but the work coat is not your everyday driving coat.

That said, I think it's a great model and deserves more attention. It's in fact Ken's own favorite in the Aero range, but surprisingly rarely seen, also in here.

Last edited:

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't take this in a bigger size as the coat serves me well as it is and makes a sharper-looking option for the office days. I also have other ones with better mobility when that's needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot