Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's Halfbelt, just arrived

Goldwater

New in Town
Sierra Charriba said:
Hello
This my new Aero 1930's Halfbelt. My choose is two horizontal pockets, remembering the french "blouson cycliste", later used by the Luftwaffe pilots. Vintage brown FQH, 42 size. Believe me, it's the most wonderful jacket I have.

Halfbelt1.jpg

Halfbelt2.jpg

Hello Sierra Charriba,

Your halfbelt looks really amazing. From the photos, it almost looks like the front has almost the same length as the back.

Please let me know if this is correct? And whether you added some extra length to the back?

Thanks in advance.

Oujew

New in Town
Zipper

Hi Sierra,

Great jacket...

I've been lurking on the forum for a while and pictures of your jacket have convinced me to purchase my first Aero, the 1930's HB in vintage brown. Can't decide which zipper though - vintage brass or nickel? Which do you have?

Thanks

Oujew

Ps have the feeling this could be the start of another expensive hobby :eek:

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Sierra!

Great looking Aero Half Belt, and a good fit as well. Super looking hide.
But you gotta grow the hair out a little longer and the sideburns as well, like they were in your previous pictures of you wearing your black steerhide Cheyenne. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Great cap as well!
Thank you for posting and...

Best regards, coffee

Oujew

New in Town
Measurements - help required

Sierra,

If you get a chance could you do me a favour & measure the back & front of you're 1930s HB. I understand the back is longer than the front?

I've ordered the same size as you (42) but I'm concerned it may be too short at the back - I'm 6ft 1inch, how tall are you? Yours looks like a perfect fit...

Sorry to be a pain...

Thanks

Oujew

Oujew

New in Town
Re: Measurements

Hi Sierra,

Thanks for doing this.

Im a little confused though (nothing unusual there) - I thought the front was longer than back?

Oujew

Oujew

New in Town
Re Measurements

Thanks Guys,

Amanda has come back with measurements 26.5/25" front/back for a 42" with advice that I should go with a minimum 26" back as I'm 6ft 1"...

I'm now in the process of clarifying if I go with the longer back will they also extend the front in order to maintain the jacket's 1930s look ie 27.5/26? Or will this look wrong?

Why is nothing in life simple :eusa_doh:

Oujew

Ps Sierra your jacket equates to approximate 25.5/24 so they must have shortened it based on your measurements...

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
Hello
This my new Aero 1930's Halfbelt. My choose is two horizontal pockets, remembering the french "blouson cycliste", later used by the Luftwaffe pilots. Vintage brown FQH, 42 size. Believe me, it's the most wonderful jacket I have.

Halfbelt1.jpg

Halfbelt2.jpg

Beautiful jacket Sierra. Was wondering if you could post updated photos to show how the jacket has aged.

Victor, I think you'll find those on "the great Aero half belt thread", or on Aero's site. It's the best example of this model out there IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo