Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
"Are these pretty stiffly creased?"

Mine was pre-creased, not open-crown, and it is as stiff as the stiffest of my Akubras with brims under 3" width.
It's also the thinnest and lightest of my Akubras, along with my American version Akubra Adventurer. My size 58 RM weighs 4.8 ounces lined.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got my new BGCD yesterday. I love this hat and color!

20160125_224803.jpg

Please forgive the sideways pic but my phone is giving me fits!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We'll you and Perry and Tommy influenced me into a wide pinch and I like it. I'm leaving this one as is. I may experiment with some brim up too. If I can get a little side curl in the brim it looks pretty good.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
"Are these pretty stiffly creased?"

Mine was pre-creased, not open-crown, and it is as stiff as the stiffest of my Akubras with brims under 3" width.
It's also the thinnest and lightest of my Akubras, along with my American version Akubra Adventurer. My size 58 RM weighs 4.8 ounces lined.

I had the exact same experience with my RM: hands down the stiffest lid I've ever owned. That being said, it has softened up nicely after a few weeks of wear, and is now my #1 lid in the rotation.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for both the compliment and the flip Terry!
You're welcome buddy. Is that a grey campdraft on the shelf behind you? I'm ordering a campdraft this week and I'm trying to decide between the Moonstone and the Fawn. Would you happen to have both colors in that hat? I'd like to see a side by side comparison between the Fawn and Moonstone. Wish they still had medium brown in a campdraft.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You're welcome buddy. Is that a grey campdraft on the shelf behind you? I'm ordering a campdraft this week and I'm trying to decide between the Moonstone and the Fawn. Would you happen to have both colors in that hat? I'd like to see a side by side comparison between the Fawn and Moonstone. Wish they still had medium brown in a campdraft.
BTW, it may not matter but the Hattery has the Moonstone only available in Deluxe for abt $130 and Everything Australian has the Imperial in Fawn for $80. Thats quite a spread!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

judging by they style of hat that I see you wear and enjoy ... I think the fawn will fall right in line

I have a bushman in moonstone and I have to admit that it is not my favorite color that they offer

but I do enjoy my fawn CD quite a bit

it has more of a casual rugged tone to it that I think you and I both enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner