Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Hi. I really like all the photos of the Campdraft and I've decided I "need" one.

But I just can't decide which colour to get (first). I really like fawn hats. I have a Banjo Paterson (custom modified with a CD ribbon and rebashed it a few times) in Heritage Fawn, Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn and Hampton in both Cedar Brown and Regency Fawn.

How light is Silverbelly? Is it closer light grey or beige?

Your advice would be very welcome...

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Yeah , Akubra Silver Belly is actually a Sand , no gray tint at all . Nice , I like it .

Also , the Taupe Fawn , mine is more Taupe , I guess , it has a greenish tint to it . Others Taupe Fawn CD look different , more Fawn . To me , anyway .

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Some Akubra hats together in natural light
043f73150db4a9286562881c044febed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Also moontheloon, what do you wear with the Bluegrass Green? I like the idea of the colour but most of my wardrobe is shades of blue. Don't think I can pull off a green hat...

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Also moontheloon, what do you wear with the Bluegrass Green? I like the idea of the colour but most of my wardrobe is shades of blue. Don't think I can pull off a green hat...

I have the Bluegrass Green CD, and I was worried about the same thing. It actually goes with close to half my wardrobe despite the fact that I was worried (and I have a lot of different colors In my wardrobe). It's a VERY versatile color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'm not a sharp dresser , but being a student (years ago) that always loved art , the color wheel (Spectrum) of Primary and Secondary Colors (also the colors of GOD'S Rainbow) ROY G. BIV (Red , Orange , Yellow , Green , Blue , Indigo , and Violet) , Yellow and Blue make Green , to me Green and Blue should go together in many/most cases and look good . I think it would be a versatile color going well with a lot . Naturally , or as an accent with even more . Technically .

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hi. I really like all the photos of the Campdraft and I've decided I "need" one.

But I just can't decide which colour to get (first). I really like fawn hats. I have a Banjo Paterson (custom modified with a CD ribbon and rebashed it a few times) in Heritage Fawn, Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn and Hampton in both Cedar Brown and Regency Fawn.

How light is Silverbelly? Is it closer light grey or beige?

Your advice would be very welcome...
Light beige most def.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks moontheloon. I've got a Fawn Fed IV so that photo is a really handy reference for me.

I'm guessing that's the Taupe Fawn CD above the Fed IV and the Bluegrass Green to its right??

yessir you are right on

I wear it with everything ... I'm not much into color coordinating

I just wear what I feel like wearing and don't think much about fashion ... if my eyes see something in the mirror that doesn't jive I change it up

I could definitely see the BGG not jelling with some blues

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
So I ordered my Bluegrass Green from Sam on 8/24/16. It's in stock.

How long does it usually take to ship out of the warehouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails