Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Riverina safari-ized

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inspired by Mike K.'s earlier thread on his Riverina modifications, here is my version. Mine is in fawn and purchased at discount from Outbackoutlet.com back when I also bought the Adventurer.

The Riverina looks like this out of the box:

1040.jpg

I've extended the side dents forward with water and steam and, obviously, added the pugaree. It's 1" cotton twill tape in natural, not dyed at all (Mike tea-dyed his).

p1011847bf5.jpg

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Wow, combined with some safari shirt - you'll become ... what do you call that WWII commando under Wingate ... Chindits? :)

deanglen

Very Nice job, Alan. The side dents really give it character that sets off the puggaree. Then again, you could squeeze that crown even more for my taste. Note the image below.
earlycmpaignhatsoioioi.jpg

dean

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Alternative to Pugaree ...Bwana AlanC

AlanC said:
Inspired by Mike K.'s earlier thread on his Riverina modifications, here is my version. Mine is in fawn and purchased at discount from Outbackoutlet.com back when I also bought the Adventurer.

The Riverina looks like this out of the box:

1040.jpg

I've extended the side dents forward with water and steam and, obviously, added the pugaree. It's 1" cotton twill tape in natural, not dyed at all (Mike tea-dyed his).

p1011847bf5.jpg

The Wills & Geiger version

AlanC

Cookie, I'm going more for sahib than bwana.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Certainly Mike K. is the one who deserves all the credit since he's the one who figured out Riverina + pugaree = cool hat.

I understand there may be more Riverina pugs in the near future.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Just to reiterate my comments over in the Adventure Gear thread, that hat looks fantastic, Alan! Those side-by-side shots really show what just a little bashing can do, and it really makes the hat your own. Looking forward to some action shots!

Mike K.

One Too Many
What have I started!!! :D :eek:
Well, everyone I think it is time that the pugarreed bwanas get together for a little safari (domestic or abroad). Of course we'd probably want to start swapping hats, changing pug colors, etc. lol But can't you just see all those great Akubras together in one place, along with tons of khaki safari jackets, canvas tents, leather riding boots, express rifles, and a nice barbequed pig with cold beer all around!
:cheers1:

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Mike K. said:
What have I started!!! :D :eek:
Well, everyone I think it is time that the pugarreed bwanas get together for a little safari (domestic or abroad). Of course we'd probably want to start swapping hats, changing pug colors, etc. lol But can't you just see all those great Akubras together in one place, along with tons of khaki safari jackets, canvas tents, leather riding boots, express rifles, and a nice barbequed pig with cold beer all around!
:cheers1:
Mmmm.... Barbequed pig.....

Sounds like a great idea, Mike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner