Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

Iowa Slim

New in Town
The photo's don't capture the leather very well or do they? I almost pulled the trigger on the black jerky Roadster but I'm after something in brown. Anyone seen the brown vintage steer in person?

narwhale

New in Town
Anyone have a Dakota and/or a size 38 that could provide measurements? Even with £40 shipping that's a pretty great deal, but only if it fits me!

Stand By

One Too Many
Oh, and I can tell you all that I had an unbelievably brilliant repair done on my ELC RW B3 by Kelly at AL. The collar had torn right through (!!!!!).
But Alexander Leathers rode to the rescue and saved my jacket and did a sublime job. I couldn't be happier with them. I'll post the before-and-after photos in a separate thread when I get the chance - you'll see what I mean !

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got my Seal Jerky Detroit a few weeks ago, its absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful leather and perfect craftsmanship, I seriously couldn't be happier with it. It is exactly what I was after.

Don't get me wrong, I love Aero and have my second Aero in the mail from Thurston as we speak but if you don't necessarily want FQHH, you'd be a fool not to consider Alexander Leathers. Same quality, lower price, shorter wait time...

narwhale

New in Town
Have you tried contacting Amanda at AL? She is quick to respond with measurements.

Indeed she is. Unfortunately it looks like the stock size will be a bit too short for me, but here's the measurements in case it helps anyone else out

Dakota Size 38
Armpit to armpit - 21"
Sleeve length - 25.5"
Back length - 22.5"
Shoulders - 17"

pauleway

Practically Family
Yep. I just ordered a goat half-belt from them. Should be along in 4 weeks.

I just received an Arkansas (Half-Belt) in russet goat and it is beautiful. Very soft and grainy (as I requested). Got it in three weeks and the fit is perfect. I'm sure you will be very pleased, I am VERY pleased with mine!!

winterland1

Practically Family
Indeed she is. Unfortunately it looks like the stock size will be a bit too short for me, but here's the measurements in case it helps anyone else out

Dakota Size 38
Armpit to armpit - 21"
Sleeve length - 25.5"
Back length - 22.5"
Shoulders - 17"

The Alexander sale prices right now are an amazing deal in my opinion. I was going to post on here about it on here but was trying to keep the jackets for myself, ha! Now that the word is out.
I have been trying to find one of the sale jackets that will fit me. I have noticed the shoulders are 17" on the 38 Dakota which seems small on a 38. I have measurements for the 2 -36 sale Roadsters and they are also 17". If they were 18" I would buy one for sure. Worried it would be too tight. Pit to pit they are 40" Which is what I am looking for.
I have a 38 and 36 Lost Worlds Ryder and Buco and they are both 18" shoulders that fit me perfect. I had an 36 Aero 50's Half-Belt a while back and it had 17" shoulders and was too tight. The pit to pit measurement on the Aero was smaller 38.5" also so maybe I would be ok.
I know I can send back if it doesn't fit but lose out on shipping. Such a dillema.
I don't think you will be able to buy a new quality leather jacket for these prices again.
I will post if I take the plunge.

winterland1

Practically Family
Does anyone have an Alexander Long Rider? I wish I would see how it looks on someone. Not sure if it would be something I like as I haven't been into longer leather jackets. Maybe it only looks long. It is 29 back length.
long rider.jpg
I am also looking at the Goat and Smooth Steerhide Roadsters as in my post above.
roadster.jpg

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
Does anyone have an Alexander Long Rider? I wish I would see how it looks on someone. Not sure if it would be something I like as I haven't been into longer leather jackets. Maybe it only looks long. It is 29 back length.
I am also looking at the Goat and Smooth Steerhide Roadsters as in my post above.

I have a roadster that I love and have tried on a few Long Riders. In my experience Roadsters fit true to size and Long Riders fit one size small. So I have a 38 roadster and I'd have a size 40 Long Rider, if I bought one

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
2013-07-24%u0025252000.29.44.jpg

2013-07-24%u0025252000.30.12.jpg

My Roadster in Black Norwegian Horse with black cotton lining arrived today. I guess that because I've had Aero Highwayman's including FQHH, it did seem light but I am very pleased with it. My first black jacket in a long time. The leather smell is great and it is made very well. Seems like breaking in will make it a great jacket. I am sorry the pictures are not wonderful. With the heat at the moment I won't be wearing it for a while. I was torn for a long time between this and a Dakota.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo