Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Ah, a little more digging around and I found old postings of yours with the light gray Stetsonian. Beautiful looking hat. It also looks to be a rare bird. I’ll keep an eye out, but I don’t ever expect to find one in my size. I was hoping to have one in every color made but it doesn’t look like that is meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old catalogs din't seem to be available anymore, but I'll double-check the colors on the one on my hard drive when I get home later.

Try calling the Missouri Stetson outlet. The only other Light Gray (not Phantom) Stetsonian I'm aware of was purchased there last week by Bob Roberts. It was a 7 1/4. Perhaps they have more in other sizes.

Oh, BTW, I'm Jim, not Rick. [emoji1]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This might help; It's an acrylic on canvas painted by Valentina Mariani & called simply, Borsalino.
valentina-mariani-acrylic-on-canvas-acrilico-su-tela-borsalino-18179502482_2000x.jpg
Hey Lean: Wow, thanks man! yup thats the young lady. About 2 years ago there was an Etsy site that offered prints 3 different sizes and several different finishes and paper for @ $29-49. I waffled on buying then was gone. Did find a gallery type that offered it but the price jumped by @$200 more. Her work is outstanding and she is an interesting story.
Thanks again Lean, very kind.
Aside to HatLoverGirl: this young lady paints some very stunning women’s faces as i recall. Very poignant, moving. You might enjoy her work.
Be well. Bowen
Ps: thats right, just “Borsalino” not man.

The old catalogs din't seem to be available anymore, but I'll double-check the colors on the one on my hard drive when I get home later.

Try calling the Missouri Stetson outlet. The only other Light Gray (not Phantom) Stetsonian I'm aware of was purchased there last week by Bob Roberts. It was a 7 1/4. Perhaps they have more in other sizes.

Oh, BTW, I'm Jim, not Rick. [emoji1]

Sorry about the name mix up. I call the outlet weekly, no exaggeration, and so far they’ve only had one hat that I was interested in. It sucks having a large hat size.

I’ve also failed trying to access the old Stetson catalogs. Too bad they don’t archive them and leave them available. After seeing your photos of the light gray I really want one, but I won’t hold my breath. Thanks for the help!

Brent (or you can call me Rick :) )

Sorry about the name mix up. I call the outlet weekly, no exaggeration, and so far they’ve only had one hat that I was interested in. It sucks having a large hat size.

I’ve also failed trying to access the old Stetson catalogs. Too bad they don’t archive them and leave them available. After seeing your photos of the light gray I really want one, but I won’t hold my breath. Thanks for the help!

Brent (or you can call me Rick :) )

Are you checking with both outlets?

36a8b708a5ddd3c07e5aff5470ed50b9.jpeg

Oh, you don't have to call me Ray...

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Ah, a little more digging around and I found old postings of yours with the light gray Stetsonian. Beautiful looking hat. It also looks to be a rare bird. I’ll keep an eye out, but I don’t ever expect to find one in my size. I was hoping to have one in every color made but it doesn’t look like that is meant to be.

Ok, I found the 2016 catalog on an old Kindle tablet I had laying around. It shows the Stetsonian in Caribou, Black, Light Grey, and Mink.

Forum won't let me upload it....

suitedcboy

One Too Many
What is the opinion on treating sweats to keep them supple? I have a 50+ year old Adam I got recently and 4 custom hats that I am thinking of treating. I have Feibing's mink oil liquid on hand and I was thinking of using that sparingly so there is absorption but no bleed into the liner or felt. I want to assure they stay supple and none of them has been sweated in very much yet.
Any experience with this??

What is the opinion on treating sweats to keep them supple? I have a 50+ year old Adam I got recently and 4 custom hats that I am thinking of treating. I have Feibing's mink oil liquid on hand and I was thinking of using that sparingly so there is absorption but no bleed into the liner or felt. I want to assure they stay supple and none of them has been sweated in very much yet.
Any experience with this??

Check out this thread:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/leather-sweat-band-care.70566/page-4

I recently switched to Bee Natural mink oil at the recommendation of Splintercellsz. He has a large collection of VERY old hats so if it’s good enough for him....

Be advised, nothing can bring a dry rotted sweat back to life. Also, apply any conditioner sparingly as you don’t want to soak the leather. Even with the best care they will need to be replaced eventually if you wear them a lot. Rotate them and keep modern/replaceable hats for heavy use.

LevendiPaul

Familiar Face
I am of the opinion that one should use the same oil if available from the same animal the leather band is made from
As far as I am aware all my hat bands are made from fine lamb leather
So I use pure lanolin oil no additives or preservatives

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For some reason I have a column of information showing up on the right of my display. Staff online, members online etc. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
Hey Lean: Wow, thanks man! yup thats the young lady. About 2 years ago there was an Etsy site that offered prints 3 different sizes and several different finishes and paper for @ $29-49. I waffled on buying then was gone. Did find a gallery type that offered it but the price jumped by @$200 more. Her work is outstanding and she is an interesting story.
Thanks again Lean, very kind.
Aside to HatLoverGirl: this young lady paints some very stunning women’s faces as i recall. Very poignant, moving. You might enjoy her work.
Be well. Bowen
Ps: thats right, just “Borsalino” not man.

Thank you for sharing, I will check her work out, I am so glad you got to figure it out! Any other artists you can suggest? I will gladly take a look at them.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for sharing, I will check her work out, I am so glad you got to figure it out! Any other artists you can suggest? I will gladly take a look at them.
You are welcome HLG. Other artists? Not really sure your style but you like Borsa so you may like our own “40Cal” art work. I love it. He is an established artist who is featured in some West Coast galleries. He also is one hell od a hat guy who lets some stellar samples go from time to time. Just a thought.
Willow-green on eBay. Currently has 1 art, several killer hats.
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy