Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I am of the opinion that one should use the same oil if available from the same animal the leather band is made from
As far as I am aware all my hat bands are made from fine lamb leather
So I use pure lanolin oil no additives or preservatives
Hey Paul:
I have read that Pure Anhydrous Lanolin is the absolute best treatment for leathers. This was after much research concerning what Professional leather people use. Folks in the Preservation as well as Restoration industries. It is quite pricey and i can never find it in other than a 4oz tube for women nursing babies.
May i ask where you source pure lanolin oil? Until then i rely on Pecard Antique Dressing on all leather. Amazing stuff.
Be well. Bowen

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Can someone tell me how I can get my picture to upload correctly? For some reason it turns it sideways :(

In ‘’Preview'' click on this box that has the arrow going counterclockwise.
Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 1.06.09 PM.png

Several clicks will have it as you like!
Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 1.08.14 PM.png

Use the Lounge “Upload a File” to post the image on the
forum.

Last edited:

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can someone tell me how I can get my picture to upload correctly? For some reason it turns it sideways :(
I have found with my new phone there is an odd quirk to it... and it will flip pictures inexplicably when uploaded to a website or even saved to my laptop. Cure this by cropping the pic, even just a little off one edge, and the problem is solved.

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
I have found with my new phone there is an odd quirk to it... and it will flip pictures inexplicably when uploaded to a website or even saved to my laptop. Cure this by cropping the pic, even just a little off one edge, and the problem is solved.
Oh my goodness, you were my savior! Thank you so much! :) I was able to fix the photo issue.

LevendiPaul

Familiar Face
Hey Paul:
I have read that Pure Anhydrous Lanolin is the absolute best treatment for leathers. This was after much research concerning what Professional leather people use. Folks in the Preservation as well as Restoration industries. It is quite pricey and i can never find it in other than a 4oz tube for women nursing babies.
May i ask where you source pure lanolin oil? Until then i rely on Pecard Antique Dressing on all leather. Amazing stuff.
Be well. Bowen

Here in Australia it’s available in Chemists / Drugstores and Online
I have used my wife’s wool fat when she was with child :)

Lanolin, is also known as wool wax, wool fat, anhydrous wool fat or wool grease, is greasy yellow wax consistency
This waxy lanolin can be turned to paste or oil with a little heat as it’s melting point is 104F

A good online source for pure cosmetic grade, that comes in 500gr or 1 kg quantities
https://www.n-essentials.com.au/product/lanolin-anhydrous/

Paul

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Here in Australia it’s available in Chemists / Drugstores and Online
I have used my wife’s wool fat when she was with child :)

Lanolin, is also known as wool wax, wool fat, anhydrous wool fat or wool grease, is greasy yellow wax consistency
This waxy lanolin can be turned to paste or oil with a little heat as it’s melting point is 104F

A good online source for pure cosmetic grade, that comes in 500gr or 1 kg quantities
https://www.n-essentials.com.au/product/lanolin-anhydrous/

Paul
Thanks Paul. That’s sure alot less expensive than $8-9 for 4oz at Walmart. I was just curious when you said “oil”. Thought it might be lots more applicable to sweats than paste like Pecards. Thanks for sharing.
Be well. Bowen

LevendiPaul

Familiar Face
I have a question
What “natural bristle” type is best for use as a hat brush ?

I need a new one so it’s best to get info from the brains trust before I look & purchase

Has anyone seen a shop that is carrying the Stetson Preakness? One 2 Mini Ranch said they won’t be carrying it and JJs and DelMonico didn’t know anything about the model. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy