Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Same thing here. It's sleeting (so much for autumn *cough*) and the world is shutting down as I type. Things shall all be white by morning. :rolleyes:

Should be funny watching the crazies who actually go out in this mess tomorrow. lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Dern Canadians. If they'd learn to keep the door shut, it would just be rain. ;)
We drove through a system today, in Louisiana.
That's here now, but the temps aren't quite here.
Should be by 7am, lovely just around rush hour.
And people STILL take over passes when it ices up.
Sadists if you ask me.
I like my car the shape it's in now.
While my work vehicle is very capable of handling this weather, I can't drive it unless I'm on duty.
That won't start back until Monday, but with the forecast, we'll have it again that morning too.

Fun to drive with your knees on your chest? :rofl:
In my case it was more like driving with my elbows tucked into my ribcage. I had just enough leg room if I put the seat all the way back and reclined the back of the seat to about a 45 degree angle, but there was only room for both of my arms if I rolled the window all of the way down and rested my left arm on the door. lol And the so-called "back seat" was a joke--it could hold a few groceries or one or two legless children if they were short enough, but otherwise it was completely useless.

In the late 70s I had a friend who was a few inches taller than I was, who drove a Honda Civic that was at least a few years old. He really liked the car, but you could literally see his left knee rise to his chest every time he shifted. :spit:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Swapped sides, because you couldn't recline them otherwise (handles were wedged against the car body).

essexfront.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Back seat covered in the same material to match. (back seat reproduced from original seast by box spring mattress company then covered, and it fits like a glove).
essexback.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ice headed this way, 32 and steady, but rain lots of rain.

Last edited:
Want to hear about a car that's even more cozy with those seats?
I have 2 Saturn S2(?) seats in my 29 Essex Streetrod...AND THEY TOUCH. :eeek:
In your car, there was a console.
Comfy though, I have to say these are the most comfortable seats considering they were in mint condition, and I only gave $100 for both.

Ice storm headed to my town.
Weekly grocery run-check, stocked up on beer and wine-check, dried out firewood-check, no need to go out anymore this weekend-check. ;)
People in my town are idiots on the ice, and even worse in the store before a storm. They were buying milk and bread, I was buying eggs, beer, and other regular items like BACON, onions, fajita wraps, and tea. All of my items were in stock. :p

Snowed in with bacon is the next best thing to no snow. :p

In my case it was more like driving with my elbows tucked into my ribcage. I had just enough leg room if I put the seat all the way back and reclined the back of the seat to about a 45 degree angle, but there was only room for both of my arms if I rolled the window all of the way down and rested my left arm on the door. lol And the so-called "back seat" was a joke--it could hold a few groceries or one or two legless children if they were short enough, but otherwise it was completely useless.

In the late 70s I had a friend who was a few inches taller than I was, who drove a Honda Civic that was at least a few years old. He really liked the car, but you could literally see his left knee rise to his chest every time he shifted. :spit:

Yeah those clown cars just aren't for anyone over 5'7". :p

Swapped sides, because you couldn't recline them otherwise (handles were wedged against the car body).

essexfront.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Back seat covered in the same material to match. (back seat reproduced from original seast by box spring mattress company then covered, and it fits like a glove).
essexback.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ice headed this way, 32 and steady, but rain lots of rain.

Let' take it for a spin. http://youtu.be/38hlxUuzx2o

Yeah those clown cars just aren't for anyone over 5'7". :p
The sad thing is that I rather like smaller cars. They're usually fun to drive (unless they're severely underpowered) and definitely easy to park. But sometimes I get into one, and I feel like a circus bear riding a roller skate.

Temperatures around here this week are supposed to be in the mid- to upper-60s (°F) during the day, and mid- to low-40s (°F) at night. These temps are confusing the tire pressure monitor on my truck--since Wednesday night it's been showing at least two tires having low pressure, and as they warm up while I drive they flash on and off like Christmas lights. lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The sad thing is that I rather like smaller cars. They're usually fun to drive (unless they're severely underpowered) and definitely easy to park. But sometimes I get into one, and I feel like a circus bear riding a roller skate.

Temperatures around here this week are supposed to be in the mid- to upper-60s (°F) during the day, and mid- to low-40s (°F) at night. These temps are confusing the tire pressure monitor on my truck--since Wednesday night it's been showing at least two tires having low pressure, and as they warm up while I drive they flash on and off like Christmas lights. lol
I have a specific model at work that does this, and when it gets cold, some of the drivers call me about it.
While the tires "look" inflated, they can be off a few pounds, triggering the alert.
Then it becomes a game, as to which tire is the culprit.
Neither of my personal cars have this, nor does my "assigned" vehicle at work.
Which is why I assign myself the older cars. ;)

I am the opposite. I like HUGE cars. The bigger the better. :p If I can't get into it with my fedora on my head it sucks.
This season is going to stink for sure. We already have the earliest blow zero temperatures since 1995. Antarctica had a record 138 degrees below zero temperature! Global Warming? :rofl:

I have a specific model at work that does this, and when it gets cold, some of the drivers call me about it.
While the tires "look" inflated, they can be off a few pounds, triggering the alert.
Then it becomes a game, as to which tire is the culprit.
Neither of my personal cars have this, nor does my "assigned" vehicle at work.
Which is why I assign myself the older cars. ;)

And to replace those damned sensors it costs around $200! :doh:

vintageTink

One Too Many

If I'm ever down below Valencia I'll keep an eye out for a circus bear in a hat riding a roller skate. We'll know we're Loungers by the secret handshake: www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1bHBthJN9w

I am the opposite. I like HUGE cars. The bigger the better. :p If I can't get into it with my fedora on my head it sucks.
This season is going to stink for sure. We already have the earliest blow zero temperatures since 1995. Antarctica had a record 138 degrees below zero temperature! Global Warming? :rofl:
Shhh! You'll be labeled a denier and flat-earther and sent to the Glorious Global Warming Gulag in Goretown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic