Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

this one guy

Familiar Face
I used to like snow. Then last February we got 3ft in a 24hr period. [huh] Winter's ok if we could just have a little moderation!

Well, perhaps YOU can't. Some of us learned how to deal with snow quite early on.

Surely you jest. Nothing in around here gets shut down for less than six or seven inches in an evening.
Not can't don't want to. I feel sorry for you driving in snow. Poor people who don't know how to come in out of the snow.... If you get snowed in. You ain't going anywhere. lol lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Not can't don't want to. I feel sorry for you driving in snow. Poor people who don't know how to come in out of the snow.... If you get snowed in. You ain't going anywhere. lol lol
Where I live it's not snowed, it's iced.
And when you get iced, NOBODY goes anywhere, unless they want new curves to their car, or bent rims.
I had a Subaru years ago, and it was the only car capable of getting around on the ice, but even it was struggling a bit.
The temps aren't quite low enough to make the ice really cold (like on ice road truckers), but they are just high enough to make it an ice skating rink for a game of bumper cars. And in my town, people don't really know how to drive on it which makes things a lot worse. 4 wheel drive doesn't equal 4 wheel stop. I don't know how many hicks I have to tell that to.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
And when you get iced, NOBODY goes anywhere, unless they want new curves to their car, or bent rims.
I had a Subaru years ago, and it was the only car capable of getting around on the ice, but even it was struggling a bit.
The temps aren't quite low enough to make the ice really cold (like on ice road truckers), but they are just high enough to make it an ice skating rink for a game of bumper cars. And in my town, people don't really know how to drive on it which makes things a lot worse. 4 wheel drive doesn't equal 4 wheel stop. I don't know how many hicks I have to tell that to.

I have always found six inches of snow in Cleveland or eight inches in St Paul easier to drive in than one inch in Charlottesville. Up North most of the other drivers have some idea of what they are about on snow. Not so in Virginia, where snow is rare indeed these days.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just a small reminder, ladies and gents..
Winter VS Summer ... :eek:fftopic:

croatia_lika_karlovac_gospic_events_autumn_in_lika_001.jpg

Now, THAT is Autumn! :D

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I have always found six inches of snow in Cleveland or eight inches in St Paul easier to drive in than one inch in Charlottesville. Up North most of the other drivers have some idea of what they are about on snow. Not so in Virginia, where snow is rare indeed these days.

What is funny is seeing our retired northern neighbors trying to drive when it does snow here in the South. We have no plows and no salt trucks and our roads aren't designed to be used in freezing conditions. The retirees assume that they know how to drive in the snow...and they do as long as it is on the plowed, salted, sanded roads up north...but they soon find out that they can’t drive on the crooked, unmaintained, black-iced roads here.

AF

Just another situation where you can't drive because of cold nastiness. :doh:

Hmm..
I quite sure it's like this:
1. when the sound Corn Harvester is around - we know it's Autumn.
2. when you buy load of potatoes for the winter - it's Autumn.
and
3. when you put the beetroot in your basement - it's Autumn.
lol

Here in the US, corn, tomatoes, yellow squash, etc are all summer veggies. In fact, getting fresh corn is the best thing about summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran