Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BRACES (SUSPENDERS)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for sharing Marty, I wasn't aware they were making those again. Like JP, I collect items with that subject matter. My office walls are covered with pinup art, the joke around here is that it is the only way I can bring a naked lady into the house without ticking my wife off:D

R

Ron

Clip on buttons?

Dagwood,

While some of my suit trousers have buttons for braces, a few do not. And, being a portly gentleman, I prefer braces.

I haven't heard of clip-on buttons ... where could I find them?

Thanks

Dagwood

Practically Family
Ron said:
I haven't heard of clip-on buttons ... where could I find them?

Welcome Ron!

I got my set at Nordstrom. As you are in Oklahoma, I'm not sure where you would find them. However, you can definitely order off the internet. The Albert Thurston website (found above) has a pair as does Bromleys.

Good luck! When you get them, let us know how they work out.

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks.

Dagwood said:
Marty - You have the best stuff.

JamesPowers - I saw a couple of braces (different from those posted by Marty) with the subject matter you're interested in on Albert Thurston's website (scroll down). They are $145.00 a pair, but shipping is free.

Thanks Dagwood. I went on the site that you gave. I didn't see the Redhead or the Victorian. I think that they're a limited number edition. They really make a terrific product.
Marty

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Very cool!

Dagwood said:
Albert Thurston's website
Manhattan Skyline

65R_2178.jpg

rygd

New in Town
I have been thinking of making the switch to braces for a few years, and really considering it lately. Where should I start...I was thinking the Naked Lady ones on the Thurston site.

R

Ron

Clip on buttons

Dagwood said:
I got my set at Nordstrom. As you are in Oklahoma, I'm not sure where you would find them. However, you can definitely order off the internet...

Thanks Dagwood. Dallas TX is only an hour and a half from here and there is a Nordstrom at the Gallaria. I'll hit them on Saturday. :)

Marty M.

Vendor
Who doesn't like them?

Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for sharing Marty, I wasn't aware they were making those again. Like JP, I collect items with that subject matter. My office walls are covered with pinup art, the joke around here is that it is the only way I can bring a naked lady into the house without ticking my wife off:D

Hmm, you know Art, you wouldn't have to twist my arm to do a little horse trading. Though I think that I'd be getting the better end of the trade.
Marty Mathis

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A bunch o' braces added to the current holdings, $13.25 for the lot at thrift last week.

Three Trafalgar Limited Editions. Marty you ought to like the pair on the right:

p1012126ea5.jpg

Odds and ends, Liberty on the left, Dooney & Bourke on the right, unsure of the middle two:

p1012129wh3.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
I like the maroon ones in the last pic on the very right. I've been waffling over black or white braces for The Husband's tuxedo, but I'm thinking now a deep red would look nice. :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Ones I brought/bought here.

My favorites are the pair on the right. Unfortunately, they're wearing out, so I need to be on the lookout for another pair.

IMG_0020.jpg

Hardware.
IMG_0021.jpg

Green/creme stripe ones have both the leather bits cut the same length, and are mounted flat, so it warps when worn. The other pair with the same type of leather has the mounting on a curve. Another pair I have has one longer and one shorter. Both are much better setups.

IMG_0022.jpg

The spring setup on the nu-way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot