• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Camp Ironsights

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Renault, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Well got camp set up. Relaxing outside my tent. Watching the sunset this evening. Boys will prepare eats later this evening. Currently I hear the call of a 10 year old Bourbon!

[​IMG]

2. That looks awesome!

3. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

In my mind's eye I can see you sitting by the fire, glass of Bourbon in hand, and quoting Shakespeare. Memories of a trip to Texas years ago (and in another century).

4. "And this our life,exempt from public haunts; finds tongues in trees, books in running brooks, and sermons in stones, and good in everything!!!! I would not change it!"

5. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

As I remember it was rum and not bourbon and the coyotes were serenading just beyond the light of the fire. Grand times, for sure.

6. Like it was yesterday!

7. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

I really need some time away from the things of man!
    Looks like a truly great time Renault, drink one for me.

8. I really need to get out of Southern California!

9. What an excellent camp, you make me so jealous young man, dang I have no free time for camp until next spring.

Glad to see you keep the spirit of adventure alive Renault.

10. Big Bobcat walked across this clearing this morning. I'll try to get son to send me a pic. This is typical Post Oak and Blackjack savannah
    [​IMG]

Last night before lights out.

[​IMG]

11. Thanks to all! A pleasant getaway!

12. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

No room service I suppose?

13. Mike, all I had to do was pour my own drinks! ;)

14. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

I've had to do that myself on some occasions when my batman was otherwise engaged with the foe - sorry Bob. You'll be back soon.

15. Too funny Mike! ;)

16. Like the rifle stand in the tent, is it vintage? And how do you keep the ice for the G&T without a batman?

17. Mr. Godfrey,

The rifle stand is simple a cheap folding side table from one of the big import stores here. I simply cut notches in the top to accommodate the rifle barrels. Prevent them from sliding off onto the ground.

As far as ice, occasionally one must suffer the consequences of the trail.

18. Looks nice, I presume you arrive at the campsite by horse and wagon, or pack animals???

19. One of those Ford motorized trucks! ;)