Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
Well, let's try this again.

6d747c8045190b6b2f055bae60effce1.jpg

Michael, I think they'll fit under your jeans alright. These are mine under normal Wranglers.

e2c6369df90cc5db746b645bcaa65561.jpg

I'm debating if I want to go catch a horse and try them in the stirrups tonight. I really do want to, but we've been haying from daylight to dark the last week or two. Finally got chased out of the field by a lightning storm so I'm back to the house a little early.

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
c8c2625dd916efc6c784feea8cc1590e.jpg

Tired or not, better to go do something than sit on the couch. Please forgive the goofy picture angle. It took a little walking to get a feel for the heel, but they're pretty nice. Much better support in the saddle. They need to break in, the left is a bit loose compared to the right. Neither are "loose", but one is a bit more than the other. Nothing a little use won't fix.

c8c2625dd916efc6c784feea8cc1590e.jpg

Tired or not, better to go do something than sit on the couch. Please forgive the goofy picture angle. It took a little walking to get a feel for the heel, but they're pretty nice. Much better support in the saddle. They need to break in, the left is a bit loose compared to the right. Neither are "loose", but one is a bit more than the other. Nothing a little use won't fix.
Glad things are working out for you, 56.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Michael, I think they'll fit under your jeans alright. These are mine under normal Wranglers.

I'm debating if I want to go catch a horse and try them in the stirrups tonight. I really do want to, but we've been haying from daylight to dark the last week or two. Finally got chased out of the field by a lightning storm so I'm back to the house a little early.

I started to change to a #6 Heel 56 , NOW I know I wished I had ! Wrangler Cowboy Cut is what I wear . They look Fantastic !!!!

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
The order has only been in a week or two, I doubt they've gotten to the heel yet. Call them! You're paying for a high end product, get it the way you want it.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
56 , How do you like the #6 Heel ? It looks good . I got to thinking , back in the day , a riding heel worked offaly well driving a truck , and tractor (both kinds) ; not to mention riding . I aways liked ox bow stirrups , old timey I know . Art never sent the leather , I figured that much out , unless the USPS lost it . He did say that picture he sent was of their Tom Mix style Boot . He wanted to make sure I knew it was the color of the Top he wanted me to see . I figured that , it wasn't waxed calf vamp , plus the fancy trim .

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
The #6 has been a bit of a learning curve, but not bad. I haven't driven in them much, just a mile or two in the pickup to get to the field and then all day in the swather. It doesn't have pedals other than for header lift, so hard to say much about the boots.

The heel and slick sole have been sort of an adjustment for me, but not too bad.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
The #6 has been a bit of a learning curve, but not bad. I haven't driven in them much, just a mile or two in the pickup to get to the field and then all day in the swather. It doesn't have pedals other than for header lift, so hard to say much about the boots.

The heel and slick sole have been sort of an adjustment for me, but not too bad.

I know this sounds terrible , but I used to take a nail and scrape the sole for more grip , and less slip in the beginning . After a while they'll rough up anyway . But if you're on concrete or gravel (not pea gravel , chert , the sharp stuff) they'll rough up . Brand New Leather Sole Boots , water , and peddles (Clutch) don't mix , they can really be slick . I think mine had 3/4 Riding Heels , I know that was what they were called , but I never measured .

Last edited:

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate

great boots, awesome shade and styling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland