Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

BB did you see these Bond's? I don't remember this pattern at all. Stamp says 93. Nice boots if the flaking isn't too bad. Too small for me though.

2zp2n0y.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20163974863...3De11021.m43.l3160%26rvr_id%3D0&ul_noapp=true

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Breaker breaker...got a 20 on them boots yet Michael?

Art said they should arrive Wednesday (Tomorrow) , but he didn't send a tracking # , or tell me how they would come (I guess USPS) . He just asked did I need to sign , or was it safe to leave them ? I said I live in the sticks , its as safe as it can be . As long as they bring them here .

The 20 is between Nogales , and here , hopefully Memphis , and in route to my local USPS , or whoever .

Let's hope they fit . He said I had some odd feet . But he thinks 10 D will do it . 10-4 . 10-10 on the side ... . :cool:

Last edited:
I received a call from Art , asking are you ready for your Boots ? Da* Oh Yeah . He said he rushed them through . I guess I have been a head ache or something . He said he was sending me a picture as of right now , pre-soles and heels . They look good to me ... (said they should arrive Wednesday) ... (I hope they fit) ...

View attachment 54336

Very nice! Can't wait to see them paied with an outfit.

You know HJ , I'm not a suspense fan . Art could have cut the ... and sent a tracking number , so I'd know . I guess I should have asked ... , at least how they would come .
I'm the same way. I've had much better luck with tracking from FedEx than USPS. FedEx seems to update the tracking in realtime where as USPS frequently doesn't update it at all or only after it has been delivered.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'm the same way. I've had much better luck with tracking from FedEx than USPS. FedEx seems to update the tracking in realtime where as USPS frequently doesn't update it at all or only after it has been delivered.

Yeah , but FEDEX delivers to the wrong address some times (Formerly Arkansas Freight , then US Express (FEDEX Ground)), UPS seems to still do okay . I like to know so I can be on the lookout .

USPS mistakenly delivered a box on my porch a couple of wks ago from Amazon Prime. It was addressed to a street/route with a name I wasn't even familiar with so I googled it out of curiosity. After I learned where it was ( & it wasn't even close to me) I decided I would just drop it by my next time out rather than take it to USPS. The homeowner happened to be outside & was rather happy to see it show up. Turns out inside was a box of 50 trash bags, from Amazon Prime!

I'm on a rural route & our carriers are not Postal employees. They are independents who bid on the routes when they come up, so it seems like we get a new carrier every yr or so. The one we have now (& her sub when she takes a day off) are both terrible! But that's low bid work for you!

HJ, I always keep the Bonds on my BOLO list and there have been some interesting ones turning up.

Here are a couple pics of some Olsen-Stelzers listed on the bay. The listing prices are $2500 and $1800 respectively. (Insane) The brown pair appear to be NOS but the history of OS is so convoluted, I don't know how to determine the era. I guess the boxes might be a clue.

image.jpeg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectors-...527307?hash=item25c01711cb:g:6qEAAOSwt7pXNlcJ
image.jpeg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectors-...527307?hash=item25c01711cb:g:6qEAAOSwt7pXNlcJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24