Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

You know years ago Nogales was known as a crazy place , but you never know what's going on , business wise , or personally . Stuff happens .
Been to Nogales 3-4 times & across, & as long as you don't drive you're okay. Took the bus from Nogales, NM to Santa Anna one time & to Magdelana another. Had a great time & would definitely go again.

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
You're a hell of a lot more patient with them than I would've been!

Seems like, quite unfortunately, we're hearing that said about Paul Bond fairly regularly.

It just seems noticeable to me when two different customers have similar issues (communication, things being done when we're told they were done) in a short period of time.

safetyfast

One of the Regulars

Too hot here to wear now. Frye. Not sure the style name. Made in USA.
71bbcef3023e0e46a56f6f5361653cd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
But I have a Tracking # ,
How about your boots? So what does the tracker say this morning Michael? The tracker on my Rand hasn't been updated since last Thurs morning & here it is Monday! So I have no idea where in the Continental US it might have gotten to by now. I'm hoping to get it late this wk.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
How about your boots? So what does the tracker say this morning Michael? The tracker on my Rand hasn't been updated since last Thurs morning & here it is Monday! So I have no idea where in the Continental US it might have gotten to by now. I'm hoping to get it late this wk.

It said they departed Memphis at 3:something AM this Morning , I hope headed to Humbolt TN , that's where our service comes out of (now) , but it doesn't show out for delivery , maybe tomorrow , but it still shows delivery by 8 PM Wed 8/17 . Hopefully they'll beat that .

It said they departed Memphis at 3:something AM this Morning , I hope headed to Humbolt TN , that's where our service comes out of (now) , but it doesn't show out for delivery , maybe tomorrow , but it still shows delivery by 8 PM Wed 8/17 . Hopefully they'll beat that .
Well at least you know they are getting close. Without knowing all the geography I would think they would be delivered tomorrow instead of Wed.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Well at least you know they are getting close. Without knowing all the geography I would think they would be delivered tomorrow instead of Wed.

Yeah , me too . I can't believe they didn't break the trailer and get it out for delivery today , but I guess the "Delivery by Wed 8/17" made it no rush . Hopefully tomorrow .

Yeah , me too . I can't believe they didn't break the trailer and get it out for delivery today , but I guess the "Delivery by Wed 8/17" made it no rush . Hopefully tomorrow .
Found out why your delivery could be delayed, like mine. My pkg is now at the local FedEx terminal closest to me, but the expected delivery still shows Fri 08/19. I went to FedEx chat to see why it wouldn't be out for del today or tomorrow. Turns out the service picked by the shipper is the one where FedEx now turns it over to the Post Office. I didn't know FedEx did that like UPS does. So now it could take up to 4 days for USPS to get it to me from just across town. Hopefully they can improve on that by a couple of days, but I'm not counting on it.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Found out why your delivery could be delayed, like mine. My pkg is now at the local FedEx terminal closest to me, but the expected delivery still shows Fri 08/19. I went to FedEx chat to see why it wouldn't be out for del today or tomorrow. Turns out the service picked by the shipper is the one where FedEx now turns it over to the Post Office. I didn't know FedEx did that like UPS does. So now it could take up to 4 days for USPS to get it to me from just across town. Hopefully they can improve on that by a couple of days, but I'm not counting on it.

Ugh . Its a conspiracy . Mine is on the truck out for delivery , but usually they show up at 9 AM . Nothing yet . ... guess I shouldn't have given my USPS as good of marks on the survey I was asked to do , but the ladies out here do good , its the people and machines in Memphis that don't .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Ugh . Its a conspiracy . Mine is on the truck out for delivery , but usually they show up at 9 AM . Nothing yet . ... guess I shouldn't have given my USPS as good of marks on the survey I was asked to do , but the ladies out here do good , its the people and machines in Memphis that don't .

... Well ... , as I figured , FedEX decided to RE-Schedule my delivery until tomorrow Wed by 8 PM as originally promised Deliver By Date . I had that feeling , usually IF they deliver out here it's early in the morning . Not always , but usually . ... Every noise I heard I went to the door . I guess they were TOO Busy ... .

... Well ... , as I figured , FedEX decided to RE-Schedule my delivery until tomorrow Wed by 8 PM as originally promised Deliver By Date . I had that feeling , usually IF they deliver out here it's early in the morning . Not always , but usually . ... Every noise I heard I went to the door . I guess they were TOO Busy ... .
Well at least now you know. I just rechecked tracker on mine when I got back home. FedEx has moved it farther away to one of their other terminals where USPS picks up everything from them once a day. Of course my pkg missed today's pickup. When USPS picks it up tomorrow they will take it to their main sort facility, where it will be sorted out & then sent to my Local post office where they will send it out for delivery on Fri. Amazing that it was shipped in from the west coast in 4 days including a weekend, yet it takes 4 more days to deliver in the same area where I live!

Wanted to add that I fell about ten ft off a ladder today onto concrete! No broken bones but I can tell everything seems to be tightening up & I'm dealing with some pain. Tomorrow could be worse. I'm going to have a quick meal then hit the tequila!

Wanted to add that I fell about ten ft off a ladder today onto concrete! No broken bones but I can tell everything seems to be tightening up & I'm dealing with some pain. Tomorrow could be worse. I'm going to have a quick meal then hit the tequila!

Damn, Jack. Take care and keep us posted. On the shipping note, I'm dealing with a hat I sold and shipped to ID on Sat. The buyer is concerned because the projected delivery date is today but on my end it shows no updates beyond point of origin, Birmingham, AL. Trying to get the buyer to understand the Fed Ex-USPS conundrum I've dealt with before. The information update gap.

Take care, HJ and look forward to seeing your boots, Michael.

The tequila is highly recommended -- I know I'm too old to fall down (although I did a couple of weeks ago at the farm slipping on some moss growing on the concrete slope to the dam -- I landed on my butt and didn't drop my beer so no harm). Were you wearing cowboy boots? Feel better soon!

I was working by myself over at my mom's house. Still trying to get it on the market after moving her into assisted living back in late Jan. No cowboy boots but I was up about 2-3 rungs above the double rungs on an aluminum extension ladder, coming down. Without looking I think I thought I was back down to the double rungs & I put my weight on the ball of my foot instead of my arch while still on a single rung. My ankle gave away & I was on my way down. My truck was backed in pretty close behind me with the tailgate down. I was afraid of hitting the tailgate but I managed to kind of tuck & roll so I missed the tailgate (probably wouldn't have hit it anyway). The tuck & roll kept me from hitting my head or landing flat on my back; instead I hit on my right side. I laid just long enough to run thru some mental checks for broken bones, then rolled to my hands & knees to get up as quick as I could, while I still could & headed for home.

Got out of the shower okay. I'm using my walking stick to get around the house here & thinking now I might have a broken collar bone. I landed with a lot of force to my right shoulder & hip. I'll know in the morning for sure if that telltale green bruise shows up. Been there before!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

I was working by myself over at my mom's house. Still trying to get it on the market after moving her into assisted living back in late Jan. No cowboy boots but I was up about 2-3 rungs above the double rungs on an aluminum extension ladder, coming down. Without looking I think I thought I was back down to the double rungs & I put my weight on the ball of my foot instead of my arch while still on a single rung. My ankle gave away & I was on my way down. My truck was backed in pretty close behind me with the tailgate down. I was afraid of hitting the tailgate but I managed to kind of tuck & roll so I missed the tailgate (probably wouldn't have hit it anyway). The tuck & roll kept me from hitting my head or landing flat on my back; instead I hit on my right side. I laid just long enough to run thru some mental checks for broken bones, then rolled to my hands & knees to get up as quick as I could, while I still could & headed for home.

Got out of the shower okay. I'm using my walking stick to get around the house here & thinking now I might have a broken collar bone. I landed with a lot of force to my right shoulder & hip. I'll know in the morning for sure if that telltale green bruise shows up. Been there before!

GOOD GRIEF ! I took a couple of spills off ladders up in trees and off the roof ALONE , I decided it wasn't wise to try that stuff by myself . I used to be like a cat , but Not Anymore . I hope you get over it Quick HJ ! If you had hit the tailgate it could have been fatal . ... A buddy of mine was about 34 , and under his wife's vehicle , the jack slipped and the van was on his head ! He said if he hadn't turned his head before it slipped it was all over . That was years ago , he still thinks about that one . It really shook him up .

Tylenol , and (I can't ever remember) Ice Packs , then Heating Pad ? I think . You'll be hurting and stiff hero , I hope you recover quick Jack . Man I hate to hear or think about you going through that ! Sorry !

Thanks guys! Last night I decided to forgo the tequila so I could take some Bayer Back & Body aspirin at bedtime. I take it regularly & it's pretty good stuff. I iced down for a time then went to bed early. I'm pretty good this morning & the pain seems to be confined to my hip bone/socket/buttock & my shoulder. Everything else that I have been left with was to be expected. Just glad I didn't hit my head; in a few days I'll be good.

Looking forward to seeing those boots soon, Michael. Hope they fit as you like them to & that you are happy with the choice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran