Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Saw those as well, HJ. Love the look of those as well as the other Bonds that seller has listed. I'm am just disinclined to drop that much on a pair of used boots.

WTF is "sea alligator"? Is it saltwater crocodile. I do like those needle sharp wingtips, though.

Greg those are both great looking pairs of Olsen Stelzers. I especially like the black pair. The stitch patterns look old, but the heels and shaft height don't.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WTF is "sea alligator"? Is it saltwater crocodile. I do like those needle sharp wingtips, though.

You'll see that sea alligator tag and it's often sea turtle that they're trying to pass off. "Sea alligator would be saltwater or porosus crocodile. Most don't know what they have. The tiles on porosus are a little more irregular than American alligator belly.

Last edited:
There are very few (if any) exotics that I'm attracted to. Anteater are probably the worst. Looks like you're wearing a grass carp.

f849caa7c87947f18c088378ef2ad500.jpg

grasscarp.jpg

safetyfast

One of the Regulars
Just bought a plain brown pair of Fryes. Remind me of the kind of boots that you would see Clint wearing in a spaghetti western.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Señor HJ , guess what just shipped today that I was told would arrive Wednesday (this week , and never did) ? YEP ! But I have a Tracking # , now . *sniff * Sniff * Honk * Art said they were paying extra out of their pocket to Express them to me . *sniff $5 extra (I don't see any fasted delivery though) , after he had said they were shipping last Friday (and charged me) . He said he looked and they were still on the bench waiting to be waxed this morning after I contacted him asking for a Tracking # , and letting him know No Boots had arrived , yet , and asked who did he ship them with ? It's FredEX , now . Yeah Fred Smith was President and Founder of Federal Express , but F. Rebholz is President and CEO of FEDEX , now . ... the suspense got to me , and waiting , and wondering .

Last edited:

RJR

Señor HJ , guess what just shipped today that I was told would arrive Wednesday (this week , and never did) ? YEP ! But I have a Tracking # , now . *sniff * Sniff * Honk * Art said they were paying extra out of their pocket to Express them to me . *sniff $5 extra (I don't see any fasted delivery though) , after he had said they were shipping last Friday (and charged me) , and never did . He said he looked and they were still on the bench waiting to be waxed this morning after I contacted him asking for a Tracking # , and letting him know No Boots had arrived , yet , and asked who did he ship them with ? It's FredEX , now . Yeah Fred Smith was President and Founder of Federal Express , but F. Rebholz is President and CEO of FEDEX , now . ... the suspense got to me , and waiting , and wondering .
You're a hell of a lot more patient with them than I would've been!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
You're a hell of a lot more patient with them than I would've been!

I really wasn't in a huge hurry , but after he told me they would be here Wed (and charged me the balance due upon shipping last Friday , or was it Thursday ?) , and it past , Friday came and I was curious .

Wow! Michael I was afraid the boots didn't ship on time when you said he didn't give you a tracking number. I think a tracking number is generated when they print a shipping label. The clock starts ticking, so to speak, when that shipping label is printed out. So the boots obviously weren't ready to ship at the time he said.

Sounds like they need a new manager before he runs off all their business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran