Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

3fingers

One Too Many
Just how rich *was* Davy Crockett, anyway? Did he get a cut of all that merch in 1955?
Coonskin caps had a high profit margin.
I have read that they sold something like 100 million dollars in Crockett swag. In 1955 dollars. I'll let somebody else figure that in current dollars.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
"Night Court" was one of the best sitcoms of the '80s, and I tried never to miss it. A great ensemble cast, and Anderson was exactly the sort of absurdist presence necessary to make it work. When I heard about his death, I was surprised that I hadn't thought of him in a very long time -- but in reading the news stories, it seems that was exactly what he wanted. He got out of the racket while the getting was good, and went off to do something he enjoyed. We should all be so lucky.

In my younger days I bore a marginal - marginal- resemblance to John Larroquette (prosecutor Dan Fielding). O, the fun of having total strangers come up to you on a street in downtown Chicago and exclaim "Wow! You look just like Dan Fielding, man!" (Kind of like your "I Love Lucy" resemblance observations of strangers?) It was always fun to tell them that I was actually a Public Defender- not a prosecutor.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
There were a lot of similarities between "Night Court" and "Barney Miller," which was a big part of why I enjoyed it so much, and for good reason -- "Night Court" creator Reinhold Weege wrote for "Barney Miller," giving the show an impressive pedigree.

Nobody seems to recall “Dave’s World” which he starred in as well. He was very funny as Dave Berry in that series.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Mini-me wasn't a happy guy it seems, he had been battling alcoholism & depression for years. Poor chap.
R.I.P. Mr. Troyer.
-Mini-Me-mini-me-37141173-400-300.jpg

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Belgian singer, Maurane, very popular in Francophone Europe, was found dead in her house this morning, aged 57. As yet the cause is unknown.She had a warm voice but not an exceptional talent.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner