Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
GOK said:
Oh I don't know, as one who regularly holds dinner parties, I've witnessed many a digression of Fletch's kind, which has never been to the detriment of the overall conversation. I think it the natural progression of conversations to start as one thing and end as another.

Oh, and most of my dinner guests tend to be officers of the law, psychiatrists and company directors [...]
*gulp*

j.edgar.hoover.jpg

Cop: o O (Hmmm...contentious...adversarial...shifty eyes...slight leer...definite lefty...possible sex pervert tendencies...better make out a filecard on him.)

freud.jpg

Headshrinker: o O (Hmmm...defensive humor...rambling digression...infantile sexual fixation...obviously a case of arrested development with Asperger's syndrome.)

David_Sarnoff_Main.jpg

CEO: o O (Hmmm...frivolous...overdressed...bolts his drinks...looks like he never worked an honest day in his life...talks about women like a high school boy...just another soft drawing-room type.)

GOK

One Too Many
Scary eh, Fletch?! lol

Thankfully none of them are like that - they're just ordinary, well educated people who happen to have responsible careers! They are the loveliest people I know. :D

ETA: Actually, I just read back over your post and in truth, I can actually see some of those qualities....but I'm not saying which! It adds to the interest! Mwahahahaaaa!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Ooh, I'm really sorry for leaving a comment like that then running away (forgot I was out of the office for the rest of today). It has all been cleared up but, but let me reiterate anyway, the management disapproves of the profession and certain tendencies/tastes of the lady in question. But if we stick to discussing hair and magazine appearances etc, I don't think that's a problem. Sorry again.

fleur

One of the Regulars
RaasAlHayya said:
Would you UK ladies be kind enough to explain to this Southern girl what "a bit pants" means? I read British authors and watch British TV quite often, but this is one term I have not come across before. Thanks in advance!

--Leslie
:eek:fftopic:

A bit pants means that something isnt very good!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
GOK said:
I'm sure I've seen little foils somewhere that you put on to mask off the moons. I don't wear nail polish on my fingernails anyway as it doesn't stay on. It's not that it chips - it literally slides off! So if I want to wear polish I just stick on some pre-painted nails for the evening. Usually I just manicure and buff my own to a sparkling shine though! :D

I heard that if you wipe your nails with polish remover before you paint them the polish sticks better, and very thin coats stick well in my experience. Mine always tend to chip, because of working at the Gallery, I swear unglazed pottery is the worst thing for a manicure.:D

GOK

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
I heard that if you wipe your nails with polish remover before you paint them the polish sticks better, and very thin coats stick well in my experience.

I'll try those tips, thank you CD.

Mine always tend to chip, because of working at the Gallery, I swear unglazed pottery is the worst thing for a manicure.:D

Eeeeekkk, that sets my teeth on edge just thinking about it! :eek:

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
GOK said:
I'll try those tips, thank you CD.

Eeeeekkk, that sets my teeth on edge just thinking about it! :eek:

Yep, makes my skin crawl, but after one or two ruined manis you learn to be pretty careful, but there are some pieces in the store I just can't touch cause they grate on my hands and I go insane, I guess I won't be adding them to my collectionlol

Smuterella

One Too Many
Fletch said:
*gulp*

j.edgar.hoover.jpg

Cop: o O (Hmmm...contentious...adversarial...shifty eyes...slight leer...definite lefty...possible sex pervert tendencies...better make out a filecard on him.)

freud.jpg

Headshrinker: o O (Hmmm...defensive humor...rambling digression...infantile sexual fixation...obviously a case of arrested development with Asperger's syndrome.)

David_Sarnoff_Main.jpg

CEO: o O (Hmmm...frivolous...overdressed...bolts his drinks...looks like he never worked an honest day in his life...talks about women like a high school boy...just another soft drawing-room type.)

Fletch, i love you for that post

Laura Chase

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW