Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
Check out this interview with her on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=siLBLmixKBI&feature=related

My thoughts were

1) Marilyn Manson = Monster
2) Tom Green = Monster

Let the lady speak, for chrissakes!

I really don't like Marilyn Manson. I suppose it was a good career move for her, but she is surely waaaaaay out of his league. And that naked video he did with his new girlfriend after the breakup - completely distasteful :(

I'm not a huge burlesque fan, but like imoldfashioned, I'm happy to see pics of her turn up, and I'm always interested to see what she's wearing.

YES, this interview is terrible, I felt so bad for her while watching this!

And what an amazing job, Honey Doll! Too bad I can't afford your hats. ;)

Ada Veen

Practically Family
You have some lovely hats, honeydoll. When I win the lottery I'll have a room just like Dita's full of them!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Ugh I remember that interview, Marilyn Manson can be so lovely and sweet and intelligent... but he was just being crass and irritating here. I didn't think she looked that comfortable with it at all.

xx

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
miserabelle said:
I think that must be their only point of cultural reference, I've been called Betty Boop before and on tuesday I had someone on the bus singing the lyrics to "You're the one that I want" from Grease. They probably can't think of anything else to say [huh] xxx

i love betty boop, i think she's sooo cute lol
as for manson, well i guess opposites attract. there's simply no other explanation [huh]

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
I'm happy to see pictures of Dita if they turn up (she does have a fabulous wardrobe) but I don't follow her exploits. Her interviews tend to be rather amusing. I chuckled when Dita said she isn't really a tight lacer--after all, her waist is 18" That's Scarlett O'Hara territory!

Her natural waist isn't much bigger than that though, so it's not considered tight lacing.

Smuterella

One Too Many
TheKitschGoth said:
Her natural waist isn't much bigger than that though, so it's not considered tight lacing.

depends what you call natural, i'm sure she only has that small a waist through years of corset training in the first place

jealous, moi?

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I'm sure I heard somewhere that Dita wore a corset every day for seven years to achieve that waist. I'm fairly sure she did ballet too which would have helped some xx

MissHuff

A-List Customer
An 18" waist isn't that out there really. One of my dear friends has a natural 20" waist without years of waist training and she's 5'4". She's the tiniest little thing lol

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
MissHuff said:
An 18" waist isn't that out there really. One of my dear friends has a natural 20" waist without years of waist training and she's 5'4". She's the tiniest little thing lol

Dita is also very tiny naturally. 3 of her would probably make 1 one of me. I think I could fit her in one of my pockets alone.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
Dita is also very tiny naturally. 3 of her would probably make 1 one of me. I think I could fit her in one of my pockets alone.

Quite, I was relieved when I saw her and she was about 5 feet tall at the most, (the rest of it was heels).

I had spent a long time studying the pictures of her in her book thinking to myself that there was no way that the statistics given added up. It just wasn't proportionately correct no matter which way you looked at it.

Then when I saw her at the end of last year it all fell into place, she is uber petite, and EVERYTHING about her is tiny so yes she does have a super tiny waist.

I have no problem with anything about Dita, (now that I have confirmed my suspicion that the statistics about her height given in her book are incorrect lol )

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Honey Doll said:
Is that possible? My hat size is bigger. How can her waist be smaller than my head?

Honey Doll

Perhaps when measured with her corset on?[huh]
2401784998_cf5ed5c590_o.jpg

If posting this pic is inapropriate, I apologize in advance :eek:

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
Rockapin-up said:

I think thats what happened. She must of forgot she was wearing it.

I cant imagine having an 18in waist... I think i would have to take out some of my ribs if i wanted that.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I thought that in her book it said her waist was 23" naturally and 18" corsetted. 23" is still pretty damn small though!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
I have no problem with anything about Dita, (now that I have confirmed my suspicion that the statistics about her height given in her book are incorrect lol )

I also think she is lying about her height in her book! When I met her at the book signing, she was maybe only two or three inches taller than me (I'm 5'2"), but she was also wearing really high heels. I'm guessing she's probably around 5'1" without them.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
I also think she is lying about her height in her book! When I met her at the book signing, she was maybe only two or three inches taller than me (I'm 5'2"), but she was also wearing really high heels. I'm guessing she's probably around 5'1" without them.

Yes, the book states that she is 5 foot 6, but on second glance I wonder if there isn't a hint of irony there as the marker does point to the top of her HUGE victory rolls!!lol lol

alexandra

Practically Family
Rockapin-up said:
2401784998_cf5ed5c590_o.jpg

If posting this pic is inapropriate, I apologize in advance :eek:

I think she looks pretty stupid with this much cinching.

alexandra

Practically Family
To me there's a limit. Corsets are supposed to enhance and perfect the female frame. To me, that frame, if larger, would just be a bad case of saddle bags and no one wants that.

Just because it's a smaller version, doesn't make it any more attractive.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
i guess it's because she really tries to emulate the girls in John Willies drawings, who all usually had crazily tiny waists...i don't know, she wears some stunning outfits, but when she claims that she has dressed this way from youth, i doubt it due to all of the photos from the early 90s...[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21