Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"exit jacket"

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
At my age i try not to use the “E” word very often.
I had over a year’s worth of “jacket sobriety” until i saw that $60 delivered Star N1 a few months ago.

I’ve had much greater success with my last “exit drink” at 17+ years but jackets aren’t life or death and i don’t hang out in bars.
So, i try to keep it in perspective.
B

I went into your profile page to see what I could do. While I can edit just about everything else in there, I didn't see a way to give it back to you. I will continue to fool with it. If you just disappear, you will know I screwed up.

Perhaps it will reappear as suddenly as it disappeared.

Haha, thanks! It's okay, though. I think it disappears after 10K posts. @ton312 doesn't have a title either.

I can't believe I made that many posts. Doesn't seem like it, I don't even participate in the rest of the forum...

I think @HoosierDaddy has found his ' exit jacket' (or actually two exit jackets).

True. After owning leather jackets from the major players, I stumbled across Thedi which offered me the most comfortable fit in a slightly pre-formed jacket with a substantially firm and uniquely finished hide. So much 'above' the others ( for my tastes ) that I immediately fell in love. I divorced most of my other jackets and fortunately was able to get out of them what I payed for them ( because their price had increased so muck since I bought them ). Now I own just a few leather jackets that make me happy and have little interest in buying more. I stick around here for other reasons, one being that I enjoy seeing what others are excited about.
My final exit jackets....
20180416_182436.jpg 20180417_130740.jpg 20181006_175843.jpg 20191021_133312.jpg 20191125_145526.jpg

Attachments

• 20180603_190531.jpg
    20180603_190531.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,214

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I went into your profile page to see what I could do. While I can edit just about everything else in there, I didn't see a way to give it back to you. I will continue to fool with it. If you just disappear, you will know I screwed up.

Perhaps it will reappear as suddenly as it disappeared.
In that case i vote for Monitor the Moderator!
B

Peacoat

Bartender
Haha, thanks! It's okay, though. I think it disappears after 10K posts. @ton312 doesn't have a title either.

I can't believe I made that many posts. Doesn't seem like it, I don't even participate in the rest of the forum...
I have been looking into it, and I think you are right that it does go away. Never paid that much attention to it, so I didn't know without looking into it. I think that is a fairly recent development, though, like maybe the last few years. I know that some of the high posters who haven't logged in lately, still have a title.

Oh well, back to the game.

I have been looking into it, and I think you are right that it does go away. Never paid that much attention to it, so I didn't know without looking into it. I think that is a fairly recent development, though, like maybe the last few years. I know that some of the high posters who haven't logged in lately, still have a title.

Oh well, back to the game.

All good. It was actually my IRL friend who first noticed it and I realized then I'm no longer allowed to lock up. XD Then I saw Ton lost the title too and figured it's probably that we broke the counter or something. Nobody expected anyone'd have as many posts.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
At my age i try not to use the “E” word very often.
I had over a year’s worth of “jacket sobriety” until i saw that $60 delivered Star N1 a few months ago.

I’ve had much greater success with my last “exit drink” at 17+ years but jackets aren’t life or death and i don’t hang out in bars.
So, i try to keep it in perspective.
B
Jacket Sobriety? I can stop whenever I want to.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I’ve stand by my view that I’ve bought my last premium leather jacket. I have the bases covered with my Sleeper brown horsehide FW Brakeman (which now fits very comfortably with a inch off my waist and torso), Jet black Deerskin FW Journeyman, and brown goatskin Monarch repro from David Sheeley. If this Swedish goatskin ‘cossack’ works then that will be great, but it’s a cheaper experiment to produce a shorter spring jacket; no great loss if it doesn’t work out.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last thing I really exited has been smoking some years ago.
Beside that I don’t claim any action or purchase to be the last of that kind anymore so my exit jacket is going to be the one they throw me in the coffin with.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
No Exit jacket yet for me either. Not really focused upon it. As others have stated:
  • The hunt itself is part of the fun
  • This community ROCKS! - No matter your title! :)
  • The lessons learned here and productive feedback have helped inform my choices substantially
  • There will always be another jacket!
What I will say is that I have 3 well fitting leather jackets now and a fouth on it's way rather soon. These cover most of the bases I want covered. A few denim, a couple wool and work oriented canvas and that's about all that is needed. The rest is just good fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany