Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Marv

A-List Customer
Love the pics of Arnie rocking the B6 and B15 also, John Kerry's G1 looks liks an issue jacket, could it possibly be his own service jacket I wonder.

thor

One Too Many
IMG_4489.JPG
Eli Wallach and Michael Landon in an episode of "Highway to Heaven".

Marv

A-List Customer
I've noticed that the majority on WW2 Marine pilots in the PTO tended to wear the USMC Boondockers when flying, I was wondering what the USAAF fighter pilots wore in the ETO.

The standard A6 sheepskin flying boots seem a little too large to me for the cramped fighter cockpit and more suited to the bombers, would the standard issue Roughout boots have been worn as flying in the low quarter shoes would get pretty cold I imagine.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice Jacket :)
Why on earth would anyone wear a sheepskin jacket with shorts? Then again, the shorts aren't even that stylish, they just hang.
Looks like Arnie has bruised his little toe.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I've noticed that the majority on WW2 Marine pilots in the PTO tended to wear the USMC Boondockers when flying, I was wondering what the USAAF fighter pilots wore in the ETO.

The standard A6 sheepskin flying boots seem a little too large to me for the cramped fighter cockpit and more suited to the bombers, would the standard issue Roughout boots have been worn as flying in the low quarter shoes would get pretty cold I imagine.
I know the Holy Grail were the RAF 1939 boots. Otherwise, it depended on what type of airplane they were flying in. The P-51B and Ds, with their glycol cooling ran pretty hot, P-38s especially the early models had poor heat, so warm was the order of the day! I heard some P-38 pilots that flew in the Aleutians would stuff news paper into their cloths for extra insulation.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Harrison's A2 looks ok apart from the sleeve length so guessing the jacket is probably a size too large for him.

Shoulders about 2" too wide. I wasn't going to say anything as I figure Ford can wear whatever he wants, however he wants. We have a mutual friend, and Ford is extremely anal about many things. Perhaps the A-2 fit is not one of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner